Hunting

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

marduk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by marduk »

A chance you say?
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

marduk wrote:Is that the fabled Savage Rogue/druid/beast hunter with Sage skills until Utilize resource?

Does diplomat play into your equations?
Basic Sage, lvl 4 buricrate, lvl 4 diplomat. Aquire one trade route and you're self sufficient
GLOMP!
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

As far as I understand those two skills *and trust me I've been studying them closely as of late* just those two won't completely do the trick. Being a sage and finagling your way to enough points to grab an RGO would probably get you there.
Knight of the Frozen Way, Sir Andian Eannon
"Law is mind without reason."
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

You need 300 points to get lvl 4 buricrat and lvl 4 diplomate, and you'd be privledged. Assuming you are a human, and that you'd be at least lvl 12, you'd have 15 base support points, plus another 3 or 4 (the rulebook doesn't say to round up or down). You'd thus have say, 18 SP. You can start and mantain a first or second level RGO, reinvest half (9) points, modify your stability up 50% (to an inherint 100%). The diplomat gets one supplies and a secondary each event, so assuming your RGO can bring in at least 4 of any resource, you're set. (except weapon/armor/magical upkeep should you have such objects)

The question that now arises for me are how the (extra) people factor in when calculating all race/all path RGOs.
GLOMP!
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

That's just as long as no one else is going after the same resource your going after.
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

Indeed, but if you find a very small trade route and make the minimum cost your entire Support, it would be uneconmical for another RGO to steal it. 20 support points for 5 cloth?!!! You'd have to be crazy?

(at level 16 you could take first level spy. Combine that with basic research and hope to find a trade route. It is the example given after all)
GLOMP!
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

Oh...you'd be surprised. lol
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

It's FH, I watched a character being dragged off into the woods while everyone in the inn said "I don't hear any numbers being called, she'll be okay". Nothing surprises me.

and at lvl 16 once you have investigate, it's 20 base, plus 5, reinvest half, 37 SP for 5 resources. You'd have to be kinda desperate at that point.

45 points at lvl 20, and it goes from there. They get 7 points each event, they could buy it back eventually. Find one other such sage to help them and they've got a lvl 8 RGO to themselves, 100% stability is almost gaurenteed, and the SP skyrocket. They then become an RRO, and *dun dun dun* they're mildly popular in town.
GLOMP!
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

I looked at it. The maximum you could have in resource sources is 1. You'd only be worth three people with those disciplines all by yourself.

Edit:Excuse me, Max Trade Routes (1)
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

1 source (ie trade route) so you'd only be getting cloth, or food, or steel, or whatever, but you'd be getting more than one of the resource. Basic sage can trade in anything (utilize resource). so 6 supply is good enough. All you need.
GLOMP!
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

I guess I misunderstood ya. We'd actually been talking about the same thing.
*plus I'm silly sleepy*
Though I'm only counting 31 support points at level 16.

20 for privillaged human
25 with alligence
31 with leadership
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

manipulation, reinvest 50%. that would actually be 46 then ( i didn't factor in leadership, oops) 46 support points at lvl 16

~55 at 20
and ~+9 each event thereafter...

~to mean approximatly, as rounding isn't defined.
GLOMP!
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

reinvest 50% of the total that is there...how do you get 46? I'm not trying to be an a$$, just trying to understand where that comes from.

reinvest to me would be to say....if you have 31 points...you could reinvest in a different persons RGO than your own ...such as in someone elses RGO up to 15 points.
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

half of 31 is 15ish, 31+15ish is 46ish.

A 4th lvl bureaucrat can double the number of traderoutes a RGO can have. I assumed you could take those 15ish extra and apply them to the same trade route, if not, then they can be used on a second trade route I guess.

Granted this build leaves you rather without an abundance of combat-skills, but you can be a non-com. (with ~4 life)

FH math is kinda fun, it's like enron math, or government math. You arbitarily round when and if you so chose, and the PEMDAS order of operations is optional.
GLOMP!
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

Well, cool ....I'm tired.....night.
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity