New Dicipline Idea

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

anyone think this is cool?

AWESOME! Why didn't I think of that?
23%
COOL! I thought of that a long time ago.
8%
EEH! If I thought of that I'd have kept it to myself.
23%
ICK! I'm glad I didn't think of that.
No votes
That's so horrible, I think I peed a little.
15%
It's an ok idea, it's the poll I hate!
31%

Total votes: 13
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The problem is that mystic heal is being used to circumvent the two potion rule. This feels a lot like cheese to your friendly neighborhood GM staff. If there are other proposed, easy solutions, do keep them coming. We will be more than happy to listen.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Exactly. The problem isnt with the way mystic heal was intended to work. The problem is the way it creates a loophole around the two potion rule. If we leave everything the same and change it, we are right back to where we were before we introduced paladin and the druid skill.

If we add into mystic heal the option to burn yourself up to save someone, we have added yet another heroic way to save someone that doesnt open a loophole.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

You're right, I can't think of anything to fix this, except saying you can't use Mystic Heal to heal people in negatives (Or at least past a certain point).

My reasoning from this from a roleplaying standard is that they are in so much pain or that their lifeforce is draining so quickly that they are apt to pull more from you than you can spare. This way you could STILL work in some kind of heroic heal, but the ability could continue to function normally with people who are at zero or in positives.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

We talked about this for about 2 hours last night.

We had to choose between 3 options.

1) After you use mystic heal you have to wait 30 seconds to recharge it.
2) Allow it to act like press where you can use it as many times as you want as fast as you want, but only only once per person per scene.
3) Cannot heal a person who is in negs

We decided that the most heroic option was the once per person per scene. This allows the paladin to rush through a bunch of fallen companions healing as he goes.

Option 1 makes it alot like lay on hands from D&D
Option 3 is the most unheroic option.
However, with the amount of damage that can be dealt out in this game, I think hampering healing further without toning back damage is a mistake.
We have not added any new damage stuff in 6 years that I am aware of though I could be using fuzzy memory. On the contrary we just added mystic healing this year so I do not understand why we would have to tone down damage before making a change to mystic healing.
Now, that being said, I wasn't aware that people could stop someone from bleeding out WHILE they were being instant healed
You have your first aid time, followed by surgery time, followed by extend life time which allows for insta healing the entire time the normal healing is happening.

Another thought in addition to the druid change would be to have people die at the end of surgery or first aid. This would definitly add alot more drama. :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Torakhan »

Heroic Heal, maybe? Spend a Hero Point to give someone another Cure while in negatives? Or to heal someone with mystic healing when X?
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Oh, so Mystic Heal does NOT interupt other forms of healing? I've been playing it wrong then, because I always assumed it would interupt other forms of healing. It should work that way, because you can't use transfusion or other forms of DIRECT healing while someone is doing surgery, first aid or extend life, right?

HELP! I'm confused!