Arcanes and Armor

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Heidi, we love you. You are just the latest victim in Chris' rampant viciousness as he attempts to fill the boards with volatile statements intended to alienate every last one of you. No one is safe.

There is a certain irony to all of this that I must mention. I just wrote in a previous thread that people often come off bad on the boards, using Chris as an example and then here we are. Beyond that, CHRIS had just deleted MY joke post telling you to get out because HE thought I was too incindiary and wasn't sure if my post would be taken the wrong way. It's a beautiful thing.

Nobody need worry. We will not penalize any arcane for wearing armor at this event or any other event where the rules fail to mention the arcane armor thing. That said, warriors were never intended to wear armor either and I will personally come down on any warrior who does so
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

because you can throw as many magic components as you want at spells against the PCs, have as many arcanes as you want as well as whatever spells you want
As a side note..This isnt how we roll. Every spell we use is already in game and the elves do have a finite number of mystic. The elves do have a LOT of mystic though...they stole them from Haven remember.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

WayneO42 wrote:
because you can throw as many magic components as you want at spells against the PCs, have as many arcanes as you want as well as whatever spells you want
As a side note..This isnt how we roll. Every spell we use is already in game and the elves do have a finite number of mystic. The elves do have a LOT of mystic though...they stole them from Haven remember.
I know, I'm not sorry for what I said, I am sorry I made it sound like an accusation against GM fairness. That isn't what I meant to say and I know you are always fair and reasonable, at least as a whole. :P

Newer PCs take note: I have been very naughty and angry, because I am passionate about my LARPing. I still play by the rules as they appear in the book. I don't rebel against them by not choosing to follow them. I play fair, the GMs play fair (They/We want the game to be fun so players come back and bring friends!), and I hope the vast majority of the players play fair. Believe it or not, the GMs are NOT out to get you and more often than not, reward ingenuity and creativity.

I knew better, but I took the bait anyway >.< that's my new title, at least for the next couple weeks: Flamebait.

I don't expect it to stop, but I'll run out of energy here soon once the season is over and go back to my MMORPG.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

I know, I'm not sorry for what I said, I am sorry I made it sound like an accusation against GM fairness. That isn't what I meant to say and I know you are always fair and reasonable, at least as a whole.
HAHAHA! I am quoting myself. When I made that statement I was actually thinking back on the No Rules thread.
GM_Chris wrote:Likewise I played a druid last event, which had some skills, but honestly the skills were an afterthought and I had to think of what they would be on the fly.
And the crux:
Peace420 wrote:If we attacked that creepy dead girl either Karen comes up with some skills, life points, combat reflexes, etc or she wings it and decides when to just die. Your druid, you may have had to wing a few skills and such but you had a framework completely open to you. We as players don't get that luxury, we get a finite amount of points to spend, we can't just "wing it"
And your druid certainly was not a 0 level character. :wink:
I'm not sure why that comes up exactly, but that's what I was thinking at the time I wrote my rant.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Uhm, not to be combative but, bringing up the mystic ganking may not be the best defense for NPC's doing something we can't do. Yes I'm sure there's a whole back story as to how they could know where all of our routes were coming from, and how to steal the entire routes multiple months in a row could possibly work out. But the fact is that they don't really have to maintain their organizations. Yes some things we do can affect them and I'm not saying you guys are unfair to us, just saying, we couldn't stop them even after we knew it was them.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The not being able to stop them after the fact was actually more coincidental than anything. We make random rolls for trade routes. It just so happens last event saw a lot of critical failures on those rolls.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Sorry, that thing aboutnot being able to stop the elves and being screwed is my influence since my goal is to make everyone hate everyone including myself. :)

I cannot stop laughing since most of this is super funny to me.

I am sure me laughing will have a negative effect somewhere in the universe.

So I am sorry, you are all correct wear the armor. I will just make sure we do the same. :)

I cannot wait to have my elven warrior arcanes with 30 soak casting river of stone, slick, fire spells, meteo swarm....WOOT all immune to sleep. (Oh yes!!)

I am not upset, jsut thinking it will be a good playtest since I did not realize Arcane was missing armor for 3 years and to me that is a crazy miss. On the other hand I think some people do think that arcane is underpowered so as I mentioned will be a good test to see if we should leave armor off or add it back in during the off season.

OH and all arcanes will have spell books. They will follow the rules, and the spells will be useable by the players.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Uhm, not to be combative but, bringing up the mystic ganking may not be the best defense for NPC's doing something we can't do. Yes I'm sure there's a whole back story as to how they could know where all of our routes were coming from, and how to steal the entire routes multiple months in a row could possibly work out. But the fact is that they don't really have to maintain their organizations. Yes some things we do can affect them and I'm not saying you guys are unfair to us, just saying, we couldn't stop them even after we knew it was them.
When it no longer effects plot I will sit down with you and explain how they got the information if you want. It was all done on the up and up in game and there was ample opportunity to stop them before they found out. I dont want to go into more detail than that because it effects both NPC and PC driven plot.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

GM_Chris wrote:OH and all arcanes will have spell books. They will follow the rules, and the spells will be useable by the players.
N00b question:

If I were to play an Rouge Arcane (PC), would I upon defeating an NPC arcane be able to take their speelbook and have those spells (granted only the ones whose level were low enough could be utilized yet)? OR is that not a legal thingamajig?
GLOMP!
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Thats perfectly legal
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

Yup, arcane warrior can have 30 soak. Man that is nice, but to bad they have to sit so long to cst there spells. It should be fun picking them off. :D

Heavy armor only give 10 armor, with quality, 13, with quality and a real helmet that covers the face is 14. add in 6-8 for combat reflex and about 10 life

Immune to sleep!! don't you mean harder to knockout? Please say it is knockout, becasue if it is immuneto sleep, I want a suit of elven armor :D

I have a feeling resist magic is going to be a nice skill to have this event.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I do not believe that there is an arcane spell that is "magic". They are all elemental.

You will not "pick" off my arcane's
Chris
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

True most spell's can't be resisted by magic, but elves have a tendence to throw balls of magical engery at their enimies.

As for picking the arcane off, we will have to see who wins. The invading elves (not likely) or the town.

I'll see you on the battle field. I have been itching for a great combat and i believe this event will have an epic one.
Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ravinal »

And one more thing, if you see an enemy doing a spell. It's super easy to stop them if you have enough time to get to them. They have to roleplay casting the spell. They have to stand in one spot. They can not attack you or defend themselves while casting. And it usually takes a freak load of time to finish casting most spells. So if the caster wasn't set up in one spot in advance of a battle, then just tap them on the shoulder or stab them in the back. It doesn't really matter if they're wearing armor or not.
deceased
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Good Luck :)
Chris