Bow Question

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Bow Question

Post by Malphus »

This is serious question, mind you. Would this qualify as a bow phys-rep?

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr ... B00095LHU8

Not kidding.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

well I think I might say no unless you painted it and somehow made me think it was not a nerf bow.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malphus »

so, is the problem with the "suspension of disbelief" or with the mechanics. Cause I can dress the SOB up any way you want. It fires much faster than a real bow, so I assume you would have to count just like a "packet bow". I just think I would be a million times more accurate with that than a traditional bow. Is this an option?
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

there is another source for a better LARP bow. Ill post the link when i get home form work.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

You would need to do some serious work on that thing to make me believe it is from a FANTASY setting.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

They use guns and have electricity in (Final) Fantasy settings. So a modified nerf arrow launcher isn't a far stretch. :P

Now, arguably, they aren't completely "medieval" fantasy. Though there are quite a few multiple arrow launchers in more medieval fantasy movies as well, but we don't have those available in game (packet bows with reduced counts).

Actually, relooking at that thing, I bet if you break it down some, it'd be easy to decorate to get it passable. Though, I'd say if you are going by packet rules, just use packets and a padded bent piece of pvc. Longer range and probably more accurate.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Here are the second best LARP bows ive ever seen from a mass prodouced source. Bowcaster is the best but I havent seen em online in years.

http://ironliege.com/BalistaST.html

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I was trying to figure out what the hell a "golf tube's" was...

finally figured out that it must be golf flag pole tubing...
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

no...golf tubes are the plastic tube that is jammed in the golf bag with other tubes that the clubs are slid into like a sword into a scabbard. SCA at times used archery with golf tubes in their combat system. They attach tennis balls and such to the tube and fire it like an arrow.

...And Arrow Kaster is the other LARP bow maker. Google it to get info on contacting them in England, but they have no web site currently.

Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Heh, $20 for the whole system or $20 for a single crosbow bolt.

I would think the biggest problem with the nerf thing was that it wouldn't hit hard enough for people to know they'd been hit.

Obviously I'm not a GM but I would think that some brown paint would make it look more like an exotic crossbow. *Shrugs* but I'm ALWAYS ALWAYS going to be for the cheap, labor free option if it will work.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Wyrmwrath wrote:Here are the second best LARP bows ive ever seen from a mass prodouced source. Bowcaster is the best but I havent seen em online in years.

http://ironliege.com/BalistaST.html
They have some awesome stuff, and it's not actually on the super expensive side for these kinds of weapons. The quality looks good, although I'd like to see them in person.