a place for the fort on the site

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

What do you think should there be a place under (In Game Role Play) for the fort?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:02 pm

YES
50%
NO
50%

Total votes: 10
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

a place for the fort on the site

Post by Lady »

What do you think should there be a place under (In Game Role Play) for the fort?

I did not know where to put this so I put it hear. I was thinking that it might be nice to have a place to role play at the fort other then continuing adventures.
I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Clarification

Post by Torakhan »

So what you're really asking is.

"Should there be a place under (In Game Role Play) for the fort?"

Without proper punctuation (a question mark), the sentence you wrote makes no sense. Also, the question at the beginning of the survey seems very unnecessary.

It took me a little bit to figure out what you meant.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

I tried something new when I posted this poll....you must forgive me if it inconvenienced you. I could take your comment one of two ways I am choosing to take it as friendly criticism. To clarify, I have the worst case of dyslexia in Grand Haven School District. Not something I am proud of. As matter of fact I only admit to it when I am explaining myself…in an instance like this. I don’t use my dyslexia as a crutch which many people do. I have worked very hard to get to where I am today with my reading, spelling, and grammar. I will thank your constructive criticism and tell you that I am sorry I am not, how should I say, a pro at grammar. :oops:
I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Sounded like constructive commentary to me, but I can understand how somone who may have been teased and tortured for such an issue being a bit sensative.

To be fair, I did read abit of defensiveness in your response. Understandable, but I doubt you were really being teased.

In response to thr original question, why not just call it "the fort" like the inn is listed as the inn?
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

I don't care either way, really, but it's not necessary. Just use the "Inn" thread and specify in your title that it's taking place at the Fort. We've done that with other PC locations (Guild of Light Hall, assorted offices, etc.) and it's worked out just fine. No reason to create a whole new subheading.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

It's a castle!
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Every man's home is one as well.

Post by Torakhan »

Corbyn wrote:It's a castle!
*pats your head* Suuure it is.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

I agree with Taki, there doesn't need to be more places listed. If it's an inside place post in the Inn, if it's an outside place post under the outside by the firepit and specify. Otherwise we'll need the village, the main gate, the trails, etc.

From my experience, unless you're a teacher with a red pen most people take grammar nazi'ing as "You're too dumb to write a perfect sentence, and in my infinite wisdom and intelligence I'm going to correct you." Especially when Science has proven over and over agian that yuo dno't eevn have to spell widrs coractly for peple to "understand" what you maen. So I'll only poke fun at someone like Chris, who thoroughly understands that sometimes he types in his own code. :D
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

heh, love that you mispelled the words 'words correctly' in your example. Confused the heck out of me. :)

And the jumbling of letters only works until you hit words that are anagrams of each other within sentences (or mispell them as you did). ;)
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.