A Stranger enters

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda looks around the room, perplexed... "Why would we mention our good king here, where the towns people owe no fealty? If the good (or perhaps not so very good) Sir Plank had asked at the fort, I think we certainly would have mentioned Roderick. Well, perhaps some good will come of this man's actions and mayhap the reluctant townspeople will realize all the help his majesty truly has been to the town.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Dia Kuni
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Dia Kuni »

Dia was sitting nearby, listening closely and eating a sandwich when the room suddening became smaller. She choked, falling out of her chair and stumbling to her feet.

Mouth still full of sandwich, she shout, "VAT IN THE NOM OF WACHUTU HASS HE DON!?" She swallows, expecting to hear a "Deary, you shouldn't talk with your mouth full!" from the Lady.

"HOW DID HE DO THAT!?" she asks, walking over to the group.
Last edited by Dia Kuni on Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep the Balance. Be the Voice for the Dead. Whenever a spirit cries out in anguish, be there to right the wrong, so that they may rest in peace.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Walks in and looks extremely confused. She poke her head in and out the door and then looks at the building a few times. She looks at Dia.*

Dia, luv...what in the bloody....I mean what is goin' on? One minute there are all these pretty structures I've grown quite used to and now the place looks a lot like it did before I went away for a bit.

I thought for a moment I had drank a bit to much but then I realized I hadn't had anythin' ta drink yet.

*Looks at the group*

Is somethin' ticked off at us again?
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

comes back in the inn and looks at dia......oh my the fort is gone to....it is jast a stone bilding.....
Last edited by Lady on Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Donovan wanders out of his office with his face buried in his tome. His tankard in the other hand, he makes his way across the room to the bar and stops at where the keg used to be. After blindly groping for a second he looks up from his book and finally takes in the scene.*

"What in the sweet blue hell..."

*The Preceptor takes a quick circut of the room, looking out all of the windows and seemingly counting heads. After he takes stock of those present and the now-altered surroundings he returns to the bar, fills his tankard, and takes a long swig.*

"Okay folks, does anybody know what happened here? Plane shift? Time manipulation? Dream sequence? Misspoken wish spell? Really efficient termites? Anybody?"
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Voralen tenses up as all this happens and walks over by the Preceptor

"Id say termites my lord, and it seems there might be a giant one right over there"

*Voralen nods in the direction of the visitor
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

(in case there was confusion, the man disappeared as well: see end of prior post)
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Torakhan »

... somewhere in the distance a ladder and bucket fall. Seconds later grumbling, throwing and kicking might be heard...
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Looks at Donovan, sees the cup, looks around the building again and sighs.*

I think now I do need a drink or three.

*She smiles at Donovan*

Btw good questions luv.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

A man came in……told us he is a story teller and that he starts all of his stories in the same way….by asking a question. His question was “What is it that you all appreciate most here, in this Haven?"

Some of us said what we appreciated…but not one of us gave him the answer he was looking for.

He said that not one of us said we appreciate what the good king has done for us. That is why he is taking it away. Something about how we still want to live like we did. Then he said the king did not send him…..pouf he was gone and things were like this.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

as and after thought....her eyes in deep thought "his name was Berth……Bartholomew something, oh yes. Bartholomew Plank I am sure that is what it was."
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

*Corbyn walks in looking strained. He sees Donovan and moves to speak with him.*

My friend, I don't suppose you could enlighten me as to why Castle Gravesbane disappeared, and the Guild of Light hall now rests on it's former foundation?

*Looks around at the other changes*

Hmm, what do you think? Time manipulation? Dream sequence? Misspoken wish spell? Really efficient termites?
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Looks at Corbyn*

Ask the Lady over there for apparently accordin' ta what was said some Plank individual came in, asked a few questions, and wasn't entirely satisfied with what people had ta say so...*snaps her fingers*...here we are back ta before other nice additions were added.

So really big invisiable termites or...just one of the many interestin' things about this place.

*Looks at Corbyn and Donovan*

You gentlemen care for a drink?
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Donovan finishes his tankard and pours two more, sliding one down the bar to Kidwynn.*

"Magic vanishing old guy? Well, I didn't see that one coming."

*Donovan smiles a bit, looking thoughtful.*

"I wonder if he bothered to undo all the good we did for Roderick? I wouldn't mind the chance to get my hands on Hildebrandt this time around."
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

My Lord Gravesbane- A man came in and asked those of us in the inn what we were thankful for in the town of Haven. People answered such things as "Love, famliy, friendship". The man then became agitated that no one had mentioned King Roderick's help and everything he gave us. The man said he was not working for his majesty but an indepentand agent. So he took away everything Roderick has given us and vanished into thin air.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"