Seeking Atrum

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

She stared after Donovn for a long moment, then shrugged. It was a very... human gesture. There was a wry smile on her lips when she turned back to Eilonwy and Teela. "Shall we be about our business, then?"
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum walks to Donovans door and opens it and pauses and turns and speaks to noone in particular*

The light, the dark, the gray, they'd all turn in on themselves without any of the others. Each has it's place and time.

No matter how you slice it killing another resides in the dark, whether it's for a good reason is a matter of opinion. I accepted that long ago, it is denying that within you which leads to falling to it. Stand in the light too long and it weill eventually blind you. Many a good person has learned that lesson.

The same can be said for darkness, it could not exist without light. A life full of nothing but hatred, deceit and dark thought will eventually eat itslef away into the nothing from which everything sprang. Many a retched person has learned that lesson as well.

And the grey certainly needs both to draw from. It could not exist were it not for either of the other 2. To denounce any of the three is to denounce a part of yourself, whether you like that fact or not. I truly have yet to meet ANYONE and I mean ANYONE as light or dark as they claim.

Choose your boundaries and be true to yourself, and don't worry about whether you walk in light or shadow or in the nether between. Walk your path and let those that would deign to judge you for their own comfort do so.

*Atrum walks into Donovan's office and shuts the door behind him*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

These words confused Slisk. He understood honor and duty, but what was this about ‘Light’ and ‘Dark’? They appeared to be motives – Warchief Thynedar apparently favored those of Light while Vaun preferred those of Dark. Kidwynn the Gray and Atrum... all? Slisk didn’t care – motives were the province of leaders. He just lived for the times he was given leave to kill. And personally, Slisk found anger and rage most exhilerating.
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

*Corbyn walks into the room, smiles slightly when he sees Vaun and as he makes his way to the door of Donovan's office, he moves so that his path takes him quite close to her. He does not slow as he passes or touch her, but continues on to the office door. He knocks and says...*

My friends, I have touched base with Roderick and would share such tidings with you.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

The Storm Elf gave the Dragon Elf a wry look, seemingly very amused. This was a game between them, once full of barbs and threats, now a simple amusement. "Thy kin draw near, Elf. Doest thou still hold firm? Remember that I shall be there to wait for thy trechory. On that day, thy life is mine." She gave him an amicable nod, knowing he would take her words as they were meant.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*After a moment the door opens and Donovan ushers Corbyn into his office.*
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

*Before entering, Corbyn looks back and bows to Vaun, a twinkle in his eye, and she knows that he thoroughly enjoys the fact that their game, once full of malice, is now full of understanding and a source of witty banter.*

When you come for me, my dear, please have the courtesy to strap on some stilts. I would look my end directly in the eye. Oh, and I would be cautious about suggesting that Atrum or anyone else take additional lovers. You never know when the virile Atreus is listening.

*With a laugh, Corbyn clasps Donovan on the shoulder and enters his office.*
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

The seer listened to those older with both confusion and minor frustration.

Softly, almost musing aloud, "Sometimes it seems mere semantics get in the way of communication. If only it was easier to clearly hear one's meaning, people might understand each other better, even if they still did not agree."

Pondering quietly while gazing off at nothing, "So to some the words light and dark are used to mean right and wrong or good and evil, to others they are literal states of visible brightness or lack thereof, and to still others, personal ways that are neutral unto themselves unless taken in certain directions. Like clothing style. One can wear dark clothing but not use it to smother or strangle another nor to give protection from the elements. Alone such a trait is possibly only expression. Intent, what one does with it in this case, gives it meaning. So many definitions, perspectives and miscommunications..." The soft words trail off, the white maned head shaking as though to clear it, "No wonder there is such turmoil in the world..." the last sounds weary.

Still soft but more audible, "Yes. Let us gather Woden's possessions. Together."
Last edited by Eilonwy on Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

Was Vaun… challenging the Elder? Slisk had heard much talk about the Elder, but at least one seemed willing to voice her dissention honorably with a dual. The timing seemed strange though – the day the foe arrived was not a time for Honor Duels. Likely it would prove an interesting fight, though, and Slisk looked forward to seeing it.
Teela Rainbalm
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Teela Rainbalm »

Teela lets out a quiet bark of laughter at the sage's comparison of philosophpy to clothing. It was so appropos. She herself didn't really have anything to say, somewhat overwhelmed by all the strong wills and different perspectives.
She turnes to the grieving yet determined Dreamer. "I will of course help you to gather Wodan's things."
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

Vaun could not help but actually laugh out loud at Corbyn’s taunt about her height. Being not an inch over five foot, and him well over six, it was a fair taunt, and one that amused her. She gave him a flourishing bow as he turned to go, and shook her head in amusement. Who would have thought, her amused and bantering with one of the Elvenkin. “Until then,” she grinned.

The harlequin woman turned her attention back to Eilonwy and Teela. “Woden’s things, and then I shall take thee somewhere few have set foot and lived. The Dopplegangers are a reclusive folk, despising of outsiders, but my word will keep thy care. I am their…” and she looked for the correct word in the common tongue, “shaman, as it were. They fear me as much as respect me. Both serve me well enough.” And her soft smile would have been a little chilling, save for the fact that she still seemed so amused with herself.

As they parted the Inn, she gave Slisk a little half bow, acknowledgement of warrior equals. “Thy blade and my own shall join in spilling the blood of our foes, kindred one. That shall be a day indeed.”
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn watches the banter between Corbyn and Vaun in amusement. What would once put her on the defensive as former member of the Order, now just provides much entertainment after recently been asked to leave said organization for being someone not to bathed in this "light" she had heard Donovan and Orien talk about.

She stands there silently waiting for Atrum to leave Donovan's office and head out on his journey for as a member of his guard she wasn't about to let him head somewhere without her. Besides one never knew when her skills as a scout or her quick thinking as a pirate might come in handy and not to mention her skills with her blades.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

The young seer pauses, politely waiting, then gives a small bow to the rest before leaving with Teela and the Vau'An'Dar.
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell