A man called slisk

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

A man called slisk

Post by Soren »

* Soren enters the Inn, smoking his pipe, looking rather full of himself. He spots Slisk, and addresses him*

"Ah, my dear Lizardman, we were in coversation before I rudely departed to deal with personal matters. Where are me manners? You wished to talk of your countrymen. I used to routinely see them back home, in a small village called Cheron. There was a warband that used to camp a halfday walk from our wall. We made trade with them for protection when times were hard. They were unfortunately bested by a far more terrible foe. It would've been nice to have them 'round nowadays. Hard folk. Killers for sure."

*Soren takes a drink from his travelling flask, in honor of the fallen*
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

Slisk nods to Soren. “A warrior can asssk for no better death than at the clawsss of a strong adversssary in the midssst of battle. Though they mussst have been barbarian outlyersss, living asss they did ssso clossse to a human sssettlement, their location may ssstill help me find my home. How far away isss Cheron?”
Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Soren »

I'm not right sure how far from here. Or where here is. You see, I've been following my nose for quite a time. Are you familiar with Dorchek?
Cheron is about a week south east of that. It lies in the foot of the barrier mountains. As for the Lizardmen, yes the were quite barbaric. But they got the jobs done that they needed to.
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

"Dorchek? No, the name isss not familier to me. Likewissse, I am not sure where here isss, not in comparissson with the Assscendancccy. But, regardlesss, I thank you for the information."

"What, I asssk of curiosssity, defeated the Lizardmen you knew?"
Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Soren »

*Soren began to glaze his eyes*

"It was the Shadow People. They are...heh...were a race of beastie from the Shadowlands. I think we took care of the problem. They stood as a man, but were covered in a furry mass of solid darkness. The weapons they made were fabrications of the very essesce of Shadow. The advantage my party had is that they were fairly mindless. The Shadowmen, that is.

*Soren chuckles*
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

Slisk becomes more wary.

"You were counted among the Shadowmen, then? You fought with them againssst the barbariansss?"
Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Soren »

No, you misunderstand me, good Lizard Folk. I am among those that helped to destroy the Shadow Men. The Barbarians, as you call them, died fighting the Shadow Folk before I got involved. I apologize for the lack of clarity.
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

“Ah, I sssee. Then the barbarian’sss honor isss even greater, asss they perished in a victory.”
Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Soren »

aye. Say, good Lizard Warrior. What say ye of joinin' me on a bit of a quest?
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

“To fullfill my Honor Debt to Haven for the aid it offersss in finding my home, I ssserve it’sss Warmassster in the capacccity of Ssskirmisher – asssigned to Warchief Kahl. You should requessst military essscort from Warchief Kahl, or even Warmassster Maximusss, himssself. Asss a Ssskirmisher, I cannot make sssuch dessscisionsss.”
Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Soren »

Understood.