The Morning After

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Kels
Town Member
Town Member

The Morning After

Post by Kels »

*Kels Gets up from his cot and begins to put on his armor slowly. then he begins to pack a traviling bag with things. After that he walks down the stairs to the main floor of the inn and walks out. Saying nothing to no one*

*Once outside he walks down to were Ian was burned and begins to gather up the ash in a nice looking jar. He says a few words under his breath then stands up and walks back to the inn*

*Opon his return to the inn he heads for Donovan's room.*

"Donovan, I must speak with you."
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Atrum sits at a table with papers, a box, and a couple of bound books with his head in his hands reading and rubbing his temples. When Kels returns he notices the travel bag he was too engrossed to notice before. He stands and walks towards him. Might I have a quick word with you before you talk to Donovan. It will only take a few minutes.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

*Kels looks at Atrum*

"Of course my Friend. What is it."

Phoenix Guard

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum motions for Kels to come to an unoccupied part of the room*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Donovan emerges from his room and glances around for Kels. Seeing him moving to speak with Atrum, he gives both of them a nod and takes the opportunity to fill his tankard.*

"Whenever you're ready Kels, I'll be in my office."

*Donovan returns to his room, leaving the door open.*
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum says a few words to Kels with a very serious face. His features soften and he claps Kels on the shoulder and gives him a firm nod and heads back to the table where he was working.*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Grimm
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Grimm »

Orien, who has been sitting in the corner transcribing bits of parchment, looks up at Kels, a worried shadow settling upon her elven features. She notices the traveling pack, and does not have to be an intuitive to know what that must mean. She handed her work to Gabriel, who was lightly napping beside her, and rose silently, seeing Lord Atrum in conversation with her friend, and taking the opportunity to slip by and get to Donovan before Kels.

She bowed deeply to her mentor. “He… he means to leave, I know it,” she whispered, desperation clear in her voice. “Please… I fear… if he goes, my Lord, nay will we see him again. His heart is so filled with sorrow and grief, I fear that life holds too little meaning to him that he would cast his away too easily.”

The elf sighed and worked very hard to collect her emotions. She came to kneel at Donovan’s side. “We must be here for him, for many can make lighter what would be far too crushing alone. But, he will reject such a notion, seek as ever to walk this path alone. I… I fear for him, my Lord, I fear greatly.”

Orien bowed her head, feeling, as usual, completely helpless.
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

The Morning After...

Post by Torakhan »

Quen shuffles about that morning as the sun rises. He may not have fires to tend to, but there is always repair work to be done. With a box of tools in one hand he heads outside and as the smell of breakfast wafts through the Inn, so do the telltale sounds of woodwork and structural repairs to the building.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

*Kels nods to Atrum as he leaves. Then walks over to Donovan*

"Sir, I have gathered Ian's ashes. I am with your consent Taking them home."

*Kels's face looks like stone as the words come out. He looks down at the jar he is holding*

Phoenix Guard

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Voralen Stands at attention perfectly still as Kels has Ian's remains in his hands, he salutes Kels by placing his left arm across his chest and slowly bows his head.

"Safe Trip my friend, Get back to us in one piece."

*Voralen stands at ease, but a definite look of concern appears on his face as he watches Kels and knows the dangers he is about to endure
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Grimm
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Grimm »

Orien's eyes grew wide as she looked at that which the archer carried in his hands. They misted over with tears, but those tears did not fall. She had given up to the dead what was their due, and now it was time to attend to the living. There were wounds here she was little able to heal, and that sorrowed her.

"I haven't the right... for I am not from whence you come, but I would go with you, to keep your care, if you would let me. No one should have to make such a journey all alone."

The elf met Kel's gaze directly, hoping he could see her worry and friendship in the depths of her electric blue eyes.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Donovan glances down at Orien and puts a comforting hand on her shoulder.*

"Every Phoenix goes with Kels on this journey, but he must walk the path alone. He is skilled enough that no mortal threat will bring him harm, but the battle he fights within himself is perilous indeed..."

*Turning to Kels, Donovan produces a small scroll from the pouch at his belt and gives it to him.*

"In the wastes you may encounter men who are not men, warriors without equal who have become powerful with the Light. They are Phoenix, and the last of our number in Eldesta. This will make you known to them."

"Go now, Captain Kels Targon, with my consent and my blessing. Take him back, that you both might rise again. Fight what must be fought, do what must be done, and may the Light see you safely home."
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

*Kels Looks at Voralen*

"I will my brother I will."

*Kels then looks to Orien*

"I know that you do not understand what I must do. I am Greatfull for your consern, but Donovan is right this is somthing that I need to do alone. *He stops and looks back at the jar* Not alone the last walk with my Friend."

*His eyes shutter as he turns to Donovan. He takes the scroll from him. Kels says nothing to him knowing it has all been said before. Insted Kels salutes Donovan with the arm that holds the Jar. Then turns and walks for the door out of the inn*

Phoenix Guard

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

As Kels walks out the door of the inn Shale is standing there waiting for him almost expectantly. He's wearing new clothes and appears to be packed for a long journy.

"Hello Kels. I thought you might be along soon. I suspect your on your way to the portal. Well, after Ian came to me in my dreams and we talked he asked me to fill in for him now that he's gone... and I can't think of a better place to start than by your side like he would have been." Shale offers his hand, and pauses a long moment. "And, you're going to need a wizard to operate and power the portal even if you don't want me. So, save us both the pain in the ass. We came together, lets take this trip back together; I want to see our home."
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Grimm
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Grimm »

Orien gave her mentor an understanding and accepting nod. She did understand. And more, she had both faith in Donovan’s assurances, and in Kels determination and skill. She turned her gaze to the archer and closed the space between them, placing a whisper of a kiss on his cheek. “May the Light guide and protect you, that you might return to us once more.” A little more softly, that he alone might hear she added, “That you might return to me, for I would sorrow to lose you as well.”

She stepped back, and folded her hands serenely before her. She would do as the women of fighting men had done since the dawn of time; she would wait, hope, and keep the hearth fire burning. These men were all in her care now, and she would do no less, care no less, for any of them.

When Shale arrived and proclaimed he was going with, she could not help the grateful smile that flitted upon her lips. “You be sure to return as well, good magi, for I would be very lost without my darker side to balance me.” And she stood on her tip toes to place a kiss on his cheek as well, her heart finally feeling light again.

They would fare well, and they would both return. Of that, she had no doubt. And with any luck, any luck at all, they would bring more of their noble number back with them.