Assasin

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

We definitely agree with your point about the stable rule set and we feel that it is important to have a rulebook that does not change every year...so it's a good thing we made this change this year so we don't have to next year :wink:

In all seriousness, we don't expect rule changes, major or minor, next year, with a few possible exceptions that would be low impact. I could imagine having to tweak numbers for market places, for example, but even that we'd probably just leave or axe all together (since it is not utilized). We might add a discipline or two, though that does not change any current rule. The hope is that we will have this set of rules for several years before having to revise and even then it would be for clarifications we have not forseen. This is the first year that we believe that our next offseason can be spent on other things, such as logistics between chapters, GM books, and whatever else we fail to get accomplished in the next few weeks this year.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

That's good to hear Mike.

Travis, being an assasin I LOVE the new skill for my character, I immediately started thinking of all the different ways it could be used, but that also is what made me look at it and think wow, thats broken when compared to things like resist mind effect, resist magic, swashbuckler vorpal, 5 knockout, +1 with a specific weapon type, meditate. When you look at it against the other 4th level skills it just seems way off. Even against sleep which was thought to be one of the best 4th levels in the game, you get 1 KO from any of a few different places and you still have sleep that can be delivered with ANY weapon from a dagger to a pole arm as opposed to a fist phys rep, whoever said this new skill was weaker must be getting into my stash. :lol:

Edit: Been looking and all the knockouts and they all say fist or tiny weapon.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

Actually I would love to see more 4th level disciplines like Assassin, that has several weaker abilities as opposed to one "big" one.. opens up more playability to me..
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Well it is interesting in that the abilities you get are dependant on other choices.

Should be interesting
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I was thinking a bit more on this thing and wanted to comment on the fact the assassin must wear light armor. Now I know that there can be arguments made that the armor restrictions are not completely acurate. You probably will not see retroactive changes in the future on armor, but future disciplines will take it into account. In this case the assassin has a potential 6 less soak and the Warrior/assassin who makes up soak looses sleep unless you are an avianna or pick up knockout from elsewhere.

-Chris
Chris
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Sleep was always light armor, passwall was none(at 3rd) and it was still considered one of the best 4th level disciplines even with it's very limited usability.

There's always always going to be choices to make in this game, thats just the nature of the game. More soak or more skills, defensive skills or offensive, helper skills or fighting skills. I think this will be a very intersting skill which will probably be utilized a whole lot more than sleep ever was. I'm just wondering if all of a sudden NPCs will alhave atleast 10 life eventhough getting there with a normal build is kinda hard.
Death=Adder

~Pink Floyd~
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Most of the skills that take 1 minute to charge = insta death.

most of our NPC's cannot take 30 damage in one hit so no they will probably not be able to withstand a vorpal critical strike either. Oh and those NPC's you could sleep would isnta die if you got a sleep off.
Chris
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

We have no intention of changing NPC soak. Humanoid creatures have always and will continue to follow pc rules, with the exception of the uber leader, in which case people would be unhappy if he died like a punk. That's just the way it is.

Of course, for this next event, there are creatures that are invincible and will enjoy picking up players and chomping their heads off and sucking up their innards through the neck hole they created, but I'm sure that'll just be an isolated instance.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

:P They'll make EXCELLENT troops after the carnage is over with.
Death=Adder

~Pink Floyd~