From out of the portal...

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

From out of the portal...

Post by Malphus »

{THIS POST IS BY JINGO THE SLAYER}
Appears a hulking dwarf, dressed in hides, carrying a spear. He barrels toward the firepit in search of the largest group of people.

He calls out to the group:

"A demon has passed this way, an oni. It has stolen a child from my village. Help me find it so I may destroy it."

The Dwarf waits with baited breath.
Last edited by Malphus on Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

*following the running Dwarf from the portal stones at a jog, hammer in hand*

"I am afraid you are confused brother. No one has passed thru the Portal Stones save yourself and travelers from the winter. If you had but looked behind you you would have seen me. I have been at work repairing the Stones."
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malphus »

{THIS POST IS BY JINGO THE SLAYER}
*stops on his heels and turns to face Woden*

What trickery is this? I followed the Demon through this gate. Where is it? Where is the Child?[/b]
Last edited by Malphus on Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

A Dwarf – an agitated Dwarf. Slisk stepped forward from the Inn, claws flexing in anticipation. The Dwarf was hunting something and itching for a fight. His race was known amongst Slisk’s people for their battle prowess and honor, and as such the lizardman longed to fight one. The Dwarf was unlikely to lose control and attack Woden as a substitute for his actual target, or that ‘Daemon Oni’ was a town member, but Slisk stood by, hoping for an excuse to engage.
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

*Kels Walks out from the wood line. he goes over to the fire. He looks cold and a little worse for wear*

"Theres always somthing in this place."

*looks at the dwarf*

"You should calm down and tell us what has happened we are willing to help as long as you don't do somthing that would make me think that you are an enemy."

*He looks at Slisk. then at Woden*

"So, we have lizardman now huh? How have you Been Woden?"
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

*looks at Kels*

"Kels Slisk, Slisk Kels"

*turns to the new Dwarf*

"Easy Brother. Its not trickery. The portal can be used to reach many destinations. Its possible the 'oni?' led you here to loose you. If I look at it before its used again, I may be able to figure out the location you came from. I cannot promise it though."
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malphus »

{JINGO}
*Catches his breath and rests his spear on the ground*

Forgive me. I chase the sun and moon to catch the Oni. Can you help me?

*Extends his hand*

I seek an end to this beast.
Last edited by Malphus on Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

*taking his hand*

"I am Woden Spineless, son of Boden Neckbreaker, son of Torin Brokenblade who resides in the Hall, all of the Helmsplitter Clan. Welcome Brother."

"I will go see if I can learn anything from the Stones, in the mean time why dont you tell Kels your story. He can then tell you who else might be able to aid you."

*turns and walks twords the portal stones*
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malphus »

* The Dwarf stands erect with a renewed vigor as he addresses Kels. He puffs his chest as he speaks*

I am Jingo, Devilslayer. I am the stoutest warrior of my people. I hear a noise, a scream. Ashra my wife saw the Oni take my child. I ran after it, but all my strength and speed was not enough...I called on Bear for strength...Fox for speed. I saw the sun die twice and be reborn during my run. The Oni stayed ahead. I had it in my grasp unitl...

It vanished through this gate. The Oni stands twice the height of a man, with fire for its eyes. It has smoky arms that stretch the length of a thousand nights. I know what they do with children. I pray I am not too late when I reach it.

now Bow-man and Strange warrior. Can you help me?
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

Nods to Kels by way of greeting, then turns back to Jingo. The Dwarf had calmed himself – no immediate fight, but at least the likelyhood of one in the future. Observing a Dwarf in combat was almost as good as fighting one. However, Slisk couldn’t stray too far from Legacy, not when they were helping him find his way home. Besides, Skirmishers were not bred for pursuit. Speed was the domain of Scouts.

“Perhapsss, if your quarry is found near. I will not give chassse should it flee far from thisss placcce.”
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malphus »

*Jingo looks around*

Perhaps I have lost it. All is lost. Is there an Oracle?
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

*Kels Stares at the fire gives Slisk a nod of greeting*

"Well thats some story. I think you should speak with our oracle. She may be able to tell you what you should do. If you do find this thing i will help you slay it havent killed a demon in awhile."
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"