Rule suggestions, etc.

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Rule suggestions, etc.

Post by Todd »

I know some people dont like to speak out in a public forum, and some people just dont like to be rude. In an attempt to make sure all voices are heard, and to make sure nothing gets overlooked, I am trying to make our communication system more fluid and in the end more productive.

We all know that the GM's are hard at work and have to deal with Rules discussions, Game & site logistics, Props, Finances, and above all else Plots. This can keep them all very busy, and while they are doing there best to make sure the game runs smoothly for you, it can get a bit overwhelming. I am volunteering myself as your personal FH GM intermediary. A Player Ombudsman if you will. Basically that means that if you have any issues with the 'Mechanics' of the Game at large, but dont want to over burden the GM Staffs already busy schedule, that you can bring it to me, and I will pass it along to the proper authority. Its all just part of an effort to make things run more smoothly.

I cant promise your suggestions will cause changes in the rules, but I can guarantee that it will be made clear to the other GMs that these are changes that the 'Players' would like to see made.

I can be pretty hard to ignore some times.

You can continue to post here in the 'Rules Suggestions' or you can feel free to contact me via PM or E-mail if you prefer anonymity.

Thanks for your dedication to making the Final Haven System great!

~the Lunatic fringe~
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Offering your self up as a sacrificial lamb for the rest of us is much appreciated Todd. Not that I have much of a problem with speaking my mind. ;)
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

In fact ..your gesture is of such selflessness i think ill arrange for special attire for you to use when operating in this capacity. Im thinking a blue uniward with a red cape and a big yellow target on the chest and cape...
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

..As long as the Boots are fashionable.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Hey hows it going. I had an Idea for a skill like rage. pretty much the most you can do is 3. my idea was you double your attack but take twice as much. so instead of doing 2 to that doom worm you can do 4, but if it hits you you take a bunch of damage. Or something. I was chatin with some people and we were talking about theres no way to like do hero crap like kill something in a hit and break through the enemy lines, even if it was a once an event. your in that big battle and its not going well, you run up to the boss, drop him in a hit everybody rallys and the battle is wone. Just think it over
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

Interesting idea, but that is what hero points are for. They are to repersent the heroic actions of people.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

You actually can do exactly what you described, it just takes two people and a little charging time.

1st person presses a hole and acts as a human shield in the line after the second has charged a 3 vorpal knockout or a 9 vorpal. And thats without even hero points spent.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

I just thought hero points reduce the charge time, do they allow you to do more damage? If not maybe they should? As for the 9 vorpal, I belive you HAVE to be master rogue, master assassin,right? And most people aint.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

hero points allow you to increase damage by 1. We are also working on character advancement rules that may allow a little bit more.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Thats cool but hero points are still hard to come by, and spending one to do one mor point of damage seems a little...wasteful. And whats character advancement?
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

:P
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

come to the playtest session of the one day to find out about character advancement rules. Otherwise you'll have to wait like everyone else :wink: