A scroll tube on the table..

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

valkenus
New in Town
New in Town

A scroll tube on the table..

Post by valkenus »

The tube is black burned wood with a red Ankh outlined in silver. The symbol of Lycaelon's family. Inside is a neatly rolled length of parchment paper with beautifully penned writing upon its surface.

You open it up and it reads:

Dear fellows and friends of the town of Final Haven,

I have ill news. It appears I must leave you for some time. I cannot say why just yet, but right now I will tell you that it is not good. Yes, I know that many of you would wish to join me and help along in my quest, even without knowing what it is. But I must decline your offers for help even before they are voiced.

I have come to love these lands. Both the towns of Final Haven and of Winter Haven. Both are beautiful as well as full of excitement at every corner. And of course, they both have their dangers as well. Thats part of why I have decided to make them my new home. But as such I must leave for a while for reasons I will discuss with anyone that wishes to know the next we meet.

I have also come to love many of the people that inhabit the lands of both towns. At first, I felt like an outsider... Unwanted and unliked. But that changed quickly as all of the action started. Eventually, the citizens and heroes of both Havens have warmed up to my... odd personality. And many of you have become my greatest friends. I couldn't ask for a better group of friends, you are all the most wonderful companions a man could ever ask for. Thank you all so much for your friendship.

Currently I am making preparations for my journey. If you need to contact me before we meet in Final Haven next week, send a messenger bird to my home in the woods outside of Winter Haven. (Send me a PM to reply to it.)

Until next we meet, may sweet water and light laughter grace all of your lives.
Sincerely,
Sir Lycaelon A'goth Val'Kenus
Sir Lycaelon Val'Kenus

It is the duty of the brave man to live with glory, or with glory die.
Laura
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Laura »

*Laura reads the scroll with a tear running down her face. She says something in a soft whisper.

"Whatever it is it must be important. But I wish that he would not go alone. All he has to do is ask and I would go with him. But I understand. PLease do not forget about us."

*She puts the scrool back down for the rest of Haven to read and walks away with her head down and sit in the corner to ponder what is to come.
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
~Henry David Thoreau~
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

*Shea walks over to Laura, puts her hand on her shoulder.*

What is wrong, Laura?

*Shea looks down at the scroll and reads some....with a solumn face she turns to Laura, speaking softly.*

He is leaving....for a while.....If Lycaelon says he will return, he WILL return. His word is worth much. Until then, we look forward to the day we see him again. We will not forget him, and from his message, Laura, he could never forget this place.
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Laura
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Laura »

*Listing to Shea a smile comes onto her face.

"I know what you say is true. I just hope that time passes without any troubles."

*She stands and gives Shea a hug.

"Thank you for such kind words. I know that he will keep his word. He always does."

*Laura sits back down to think and ponder what is to come.
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
~Henry David Thoreau~