After the Ball

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

After the Ball

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*Sorry due to tiredness I forgot to make a new profile.. this is not Ian but a new figure*

*Inn door opens and in walks a figure in travel worn clothes, looks around in disappointment*

"Well too bad, seems the party is over. I do hope the bar is open though, these people do seem to know their way around a bottle or two.. and perhaps some of those wonderful ladies will return! Bartender a drink please!"
Last edited by Ian_McAllister on Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Xandar
New in Town
New in Town

New faces.

Post by Xandar »

*A pale man cloaked in black and silver sits awkwardly in a darkened corner. This man is not recognizable, yet seems strangely familiar. His entire attention is focused on a tome he is studying as he shifts uneasily in his seat. He looks up with a start and takes notice of Ian as he speaks*

"Indeed" The Black Robed figure slams his book shut, filling the Inn with dust. He crosses to Ian. "It appears we have both missed the festivities. I am Xandar Majoris. I have travled far with stories of this Haven lilting in my ear. She promises much. Will she deliver?"

*Xandar gleams with anticipation*
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

*The figure from above looks at the new fellow with interest*

"Well good sir, I do not know much of this place yet, although I do know they have some passable drinks and more than passable women.. SO I would say they do have a good bit to offer so far"

*grins*

"Here fellow lets see if the bar is open and let me get you a drink! OH by the way the name is Aidan.. Aidan Mcpryde..nice to meet ya!"
Xandar
New in Town
New in Town

hi

Post by Xandar »

"Xandar. Charmed."
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

* Door behind the bar opens and out steps a dwarf. He bears the phoenix on his chest. For once he exit is not accompanied by smoke or strange lights or odd smells. Also strangely he a book and a stack of papers in his hands., which he sets down on a table behind the bar.*

Forgive me good sirs. My newish duties have me needing to be in multiple places at once.

Welcome to Haven. My name is Lambic, I am one of the bar keeps here and Regent. We serve a fine dwarven ale, or if you prefer we have a small selection of wines and fruit nectars. I even have some clean water, although its not to my taste. First mug is on me, as a gift of welcome, after that we can discuss it. May I get either of you a drink?

Oh and the guild of mages in town is the Guild of Thunder. It is led by a shortish green skinned elf named Ug..... And we as a town deliver much. We are involved in all sorts of trade and commerce, food, steel, minerals, and more. Most recently we delivered defeat to an army that attacked us.

*with that Lambic winks at the new comers and then puts two mugs on the bar top, as if suggesting they order something.*
Xandar
New in Town
New in Town

To Lambic.

Post by Xandar »

"Well met, Lambic." Xandar waves his hand across the mugs. "I do not drink intoxicating beverages. I feel it dulls the senses and pollutes the mind with poison. I thank you for the information regarding the Guild of Thunder. I will make haste to their guildhall. Goodsir Lambic, would you happen to be a traveller in the ways of the Arcane?"
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Well we have water and fruit nectars as well.

*Lambic grabs a bottle from behind the bar and shows it to Xander.*

I'm afraid I am do not work with magics. Its hard to miss Ug.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

"Well friend Lambic, I do partake of those beverages that pollute the mind.. the stronger the better! As for more, I am sure we can work out some arrangement." (big grin)
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

*Lambic pours an ale for Aidan.*

Gladly friend.
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

Seated at her table in the corner, candles alight to eventuate the shadows, not chase them away, a figure looks up when mention of the Guild of Thunder is made. She has long white hair and skin equally as snowy, black tribal tattoos adorning her patrician’s features.

“You seek the Guild of Thunder? Those who walk the mystic path of arcanery? I am of their number. What questions have you that I might answer?” Her eyes are large and dark, eerie amethyst. She motions for Xander to take the seat across the component laden table from her with a black gloved hand.
Midnight
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Midnight »

*Midnight smiles an ever-ready smile at the newcomer, tipping her head slightly to the side in her strange custom*

The only guild with mages in town, the Guild of Thunder is not.

*she tosses a packet back and forth between her hands lightly*

The Order, a great many mages, has as well.
Xandar
New in Town
New in Town

to Vaun and Midnight

Post by Xandar »

Xandar addresses the Vaun and Midnight:

"Ladies, your gestures are kind and well met." Xandar returns his facing to Lambic. "Goodsir Lambic, I will take some boiling water by which I may brew my tea."

Xandar takes leave of the bar and approaches Midnight. "Lady, may I sit and take a moment of your afternoon in coversation?"
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

*Looking up from his drink*

"Well now, I dare say these ladies do have some magic about them.. (grin).. it is certainly a pleasure to see them again!"

*turns to Lambic*

"Now lets talk about some favors and more drinks.. and perhaps a lady or two in town would like to talk about drinks and favors if my luck holds out! Eh Lambic my lad?"
Midnight
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Midnight »

*Midnight nods her assent to Xander's question, and begins a quiet conversation with him*
Xandar
New in Town
New in Town

A bolt

Post by Xandar »

*Xandar leaps from the table whilst talking to Midnight. In great haste, he stumbles over several tables making his way from the door*