Winterhaven - First event ever. Thanks.

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Winterhaven - First event ever. Thanks.

Post by cole45 »

I want to thank everyone for coming. Everyone did a nice job working with us on logistical issues such as the crazy walk to npc camp. (will be fixed.) We had some false starts for our first Winterhaven event, but it turned out to be everything we could have hoped for.

I want to thank everyone for cleaning up. The cabins were spotless, and the Hannah House was picked up well. Also you smokers did 100% what we asked. There were no butts ANYWHERE and I was looking. The Park Rangers were very impressed.

If you could take the time, please drop us a note here, or at Winterhavenlarp@gmail.com and give us a little back.

We are working on a winterhaven forum, and website, and they should be ready soon.
Travis Cole
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

I had a great time NPC'ing this event and I hope all of you PC's had a good time as well. We would really like to know what you liked and disliked about this event.

JJ
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

AWSOME!

I want details!

Did anyone new show up?

Did people mainly play their FH characters or did they choose new characters?
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

There were about 14 characters, and 5 were new. We had three nero guys who loved it, and two people that are friends of ours showed up.

I think the vast majority of the players played their existing FH characters, with a couple of exceptions.

Two of the new guys vowed to come to FH, and to return to winterhaven.

We had a HUGE NPC staff of nearly 9 people, including the GMs which made for the event.

We enjoyed putting on a huge cave. We had it entirely indoors in a giant dining hall.

Hopefully Some PC's will give a little more detail.
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

That is really good to hear. Thanks Cole!

Can't wait to hear more
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Vack
New in Town
New in Town

Event Review

Post by Vack »

My name is Seth and I was one of those new players :)

I had to leave mid event due to picking up wife in chicago and couldn't make it back. Which bummed me out.

Just had to say I had a great time. It was very nice to meet a group of larpers that welcomed people. You guys made newbies feel very welcome out of game. It was great meeting everyone :)

The cave set up was really cool and you guys chanting in the background as a "ritual" or whatver was goin on made it very spooky and brought a very big smile to my face. I love the cave set up it was awesome. Thank you for taking the time to set all that up.

After running games for so many years it was great being able to know absoulelty nothing about the plot and the puzzle was really cool to unlock the "magic barrier"

I wish I could have stayed longer and I definatly plan on being back :)

Seth aka Vacktavious
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

We are REALLY glad to hear that you plan on joining us again. A lot of people wondered what happened and were asking where your character went. You really made an impression ;)

We look forward to seeing you again!
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Vack
New in Town
New in Town

Im sure they thought of me as the crazy guy

Post by Vack »

:) But I got about 2 hours of sleep then I left and picked up my wife from chicago she was working there. Then it took us almost 8 hours to get home because of an accident (I think) on I-90. By the time that was all done I was too wiped to come back to the event. I was too worried about falling asleep at the wheel as I was so dead tired by the time we got back.

I'll definatly be back :) Got to defend those people from the pirates :) And I got to make that dwarf a Lord he just doesnt know it yet :)

Seth
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

I had a good time (minus Crazy amounts of "travel time" Thank You Khal for your Dwarven pony!!) The "long walk" Sat after noon was a killer!

Caves were scary! Loved Sat night the best! Cool effects!! All the whispers and suggestions really made it fun to role play. The small group PC's was cool because it gave us a chance to get to know some of the other players a bit better. We had to stick together (for the most part) to "make it".

I wasn't going to be able to go....I worked very hard (with all the changes in the dates)to be at the first WH event. Was not able to be there at "game on" and had a stipulation that I was to be home early. It was worth it to be there.... I'm hoping to be at the next one...

Crazy Sally was great Sat night and the Fisherman (just call me Curly) Made things interesting. I want to also thank Sheamus for his help Sat night!! We could not have accomplished what we did without his help.

Looking forward to seeing the new guys again.... they were kind of quiet (except for Vack but he was hilarious!)
Last edited by Shea Stonebrook on Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Im sure they thought of me as the crazy guy

Post by Onimaster »

Vack wrote:I'll definatly be back :) Got to defend those people from the pirates :) And I got to make that dwarf a Lord he just doesnt know it yet :)
::Giggles::
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

0_o!! Which Dwarf became a Lord!?

Haha. Glad it went well. Really disappointed I missed it.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

The 'Lord' he's talking about is Khul. lol Who was...awesome... this event.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Skal Tathar
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Skal Tathar »

Awesome job guys!!! I came to this event with high expectations because of the performance you gave when you gm'ed a Final Haven event and I was not dissapointed:) the roleplaying from both pcs and npcs was outstanding. The way you showed versatility in adapting the plots and senarios to the pcs actions was very well done. Kudos to you all:)
*Gulp* Errr.. you caught me with yer wife? Err... which time? Errr... wait just a durned fool minute. Me wasn't with yer wife ye crazy loon, Me spent de whole event chasing that tasty looking new Drow Lady. Trying to work out what me pappy be calling interracial diplomacy:) j/k :)

It was great roleplaying with everyone and great to meet Vrack and the others who came. Vrack I applogize if i came off abit gruff to your comments of Lord Kahl, but please understand that this was my first real rolplaying that I have done and was not sure what the proper way to deal with comments like that (and still not sure lol) It was easy to see how experienced you are at this and I guess I was afraid of making a fool of myself and not measuring up in the others eyes. It was a riot though.:)

Allright, I do have some hopefully constructive criticizims to give as the gm's have asked for it:) One obviously was the amount of walking entailed ( Oh Thank God ) you let us use my Magical Dwarven Pony :)
Second was that I feel for the great setup and unfolding you did of the baby Doomworm plot, that the actual slaying of the worm was a bit anti-climatic. It was nice that the damage was one of the only straight damage calls of the game but it would of been nice to have say for an example a single breath weapon use of like an acid spray. This would of made us feel more heroic I believe that just the ritual hacking apart of the worm. Lastly, It seemed that the damage calls for this event were excesive to a degree. I think the worm was one of the only straight damamge calls of the event. Everything else felt like it was 2 vorpal, 2 disease, or 2 vorpal poison etc. If I had gotten a nickel for every moster damamge call like that I could have paid for everyones event:) It may be just my inexperienced uptake on the calls showing through, but it felt like it was a little too much.

I had a great time and you can count on me on being a permenant comer to Winter Haven as well as Final Haven now. Thank you all for giving us another chance to play more, and in such a enjoyable setting as what you have created.
Dem beasties betta run, yas don' be maken a Dwarf mad and then be gloating about et.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Thanks Kev. Don't worry about making suggestions. We will definiately take them all in to account good and bad. And the walking to npc camp and cabins SUCKED. (that one is mine.) We promise to fix that. (because I'm fat and don't like to walk either. *LOL*)
Travis Cole
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Of course, that long walk to the Lighthouse will still continue to be long. :)

But yes, we all agree, that half mile walk to the cabins was VERY long.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.