Winter Haven

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Winter Haven

Post by General Maximus »

How are resources being handled for Winter Haven, Magic items, etc...

Will any resources, items be carried over to Final Haven from Winter Haven, and Vice and Vrs?

How will research be handled?

Will the 2 branchs be seperate enties or will everything be shared between the 2 branchs (crossing of resources, items, support points, etc...)
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I'm not sure of resource motion at this point. I don't think you will be able to bring more resources than you can carry from FH to WH. (I could be wrong)

No trade route exist in WH yet. We are using a resource formula provided to us by FH proper. Trade routes will be calculated the same way they, but you will need to earn them.

Magic items in FH are brought over to WH. Hidden displines etc. All carry over. Regular gear is fine to bring over. (IT MUST BE UPKEPT IN BOTH LOCACTIONS)

Research:
Research requests will be the same. Fill out sheet, turn in to us. We will then forumulate our own idea, pass it by the FH staff, and give it back to you. If the same character, is researching the same thing, then It should continue to count for the next event.

Allegance is a seperate entitiy at WH. (I Think) Because of the limited resource exchange, allegance at the two locations is sperate. It is still calculated based on your level, but you organize seperately in the two locations. (does that make sense?)

IE: Bucky has 12 points. at FH he joings the Order of the cooks. He contributes his 12 points to Jack. Jack uses those to buy a mystic route.

At WH. Bucky also has 12 points. SO he contributes them to Joe, and Joe buys a steel route.

does that make sense?
Travis Cole
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

Research

Lets say I research at Winter Haven and than attend a FH event. Will the results of the WH research be carried over to FH event or will the results be given at the next WH event?

Basicly, will research results be given out at the same branch the research was done at?

Everything else makes sense to me.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I think it will carry over. Unless it was WH specific, but even then I'd forward it along.
Travis Cole
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Yes, I think if you research something at WH that you started in FH it's good. You just need to make both Gm groups aware and note that on your sheet.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Will any resources, items be carried over to Final Haven from Winter Haven, and Vice and Vrs?
As long as you can carry it. If you want to build a wagon and carry a ton of resources back and forth, so be it.
How will research be handled?
We hadn't really formulated a firm plan for research. I think what has been said so far will work. We will share spell and potion research across chapters.
Will the 2 branchs be seperate enties or will everything be shared between the 2 branchs (crossing of resources, items, support points, etc...)
It will be a unified storyline.

You can bring characters, items, resources, etc across the two chapters. Some spells/ potions/ items/ components/ etc will only be available to obtain at a certain chapter but they can be brought between the two.

Politics will be somewhat seperate. The only one who can lend support across chapter lines is the RPO. It is covered in the book under the RPO description. RGO's and RRO's will be chapter specific. You can have an organization that, role-playing wise, exists in both chapters but mechanically they would be treated as two seperate entities.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

As far as this weekend goes

Post by cole45 »

Because we have very little idea what the characters may have, and no desire to look through the character folders, exept for people going from FH to winterhaven, we would like everyone with Magic Item to show us your tags for them on check in. We need to know how they work.

You will need to be a little patient at this time, because most of us will have never seen or heard of these items before.
Travis Cole