Darkon huh?

Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Darkon huh?

Post by cole45 »

On many weekends a year in parks in the Washington-Baltimore area, 100 or more people gather in medieval costumes and wield soft weapons to wage battle in the 20-year-old Darkon Wargaming Club, according to a May report in Baltimore City Paper. Players point out that their hobby is simply of a piece with historical-battle video games and feature films, but still acknowledge the whimsy. Said a club manager (who is the wife of the player "Shalor" of the "Bloody Axe Mercenary Company"), on seeing the games for the first time: "I didn't want to get out of the car. I thought it was the dorkiest thing I'd ever seen. And 12 years later, of course, I'm running the thing." (An acclaimed documentary film on the club, "Darkon," has just been released.) [Baltimore City Paper, 5-10-06]
Travis Cole
Brago
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Brago »

Where can you get the documentary?
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

sweet been waiting for that flick forever! I saw the preview what 6 months or more ago on carps page, it rocks
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

who wrote the paper?
I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Travis Cole