Returning to Haven

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

"I have both. I have a thick soap rendered from fat, and Flour." Sen says from the Window. He lower's a tray down that has a small tub of thick greasy soap and a ceramic cup of flour, thick and unsieved. "My, you seem have made quite a mess."
Travis Cole
Kaveri Tyrnea'mitore
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Kaveri Tyrnea'mitore »

Yes. I have. *She reaches for the soap and flour*
Thank you. I've been finding the most spectacular specimens here. And I'm afraid I haven't even met most of the Havenites since we've arrived. I was rather absorbed in harvesting these things.
*On the table near the fire pit, there are 2 huge armfuls of roots, flowers, bark, and more. There appears to be a very bright purple cattail among the mix.*

The twilight pod was quite a surprise. You see it only grows in wet areas, and only blooms at dawn. For the few hours encompassing early dawn it opens and attempts to collect not only dew drops, but the insects that it strains for nutrients. Then it closes up for the rest of the day until the next dawn. I'm sure where they got the name of twilight, maybe the coloring of the outer pod... But it was growing in the middle of a large span of swamp grass, and as you can see the sap is quite abundant.
* Kaveri is covered with splotches of sticky sap, including a dollop on the side of her cheek. *
I had to wade thorugh it to reach the pod. The best way to remove it is to use lye or something gritty like flour.
* Just then some floating cottonwood fluff lands on her cheek and get stuck*

Well, I'd better go wash up. Thanks Sen!
Nature provides all, however you may perceive it. What you make of it depends on how hard you're willing to brew.