More Healer Questions...

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

More Healer Questions...

Post by Tonia Glowski »

#1 - Surgery skill reads, “You can heal up to 10 points in negatives with this skill. It takes one minute to use this skill... Also, a surgeon can heal an additional 9 points using chips. Chips are taken from a bag with 10 chips at a rate of one per minute.”

a - So am I reading this correctly that one surgeon could possibly heal one person up to 19 points over a total of 10 minutes (10 HPs in 1 minute, plus up to 9 HPs if you’re real lucky over the next 9 minutes)?

b - Furthermore, if up to 3 other surgeons assist, this would be a possible other 27 HPs that they could possibly restore over 27 minutes, for a grand total of saving someone as low as –46?

c - Or can those three other surgeons attempt to heal the automatic first 10 HPs before surgery is started, then start surgery, actually allowing for up to –76 to be healed?

#2 – Clarification: When using surgery and attempting to stabilize them, do I only need to return them to the negative number of what their racial + lifestyle HPs starts at? In the example in the rulebook, an Elf gets healed to –3 and is now stabilized? Rather then them having to get healed to 0 to get stabilized?

#3 - “Finally, if the surgeon can reach an individual within 15 seconds of that person dying, they can attempt to resuscitate them.”

a - How? There’s nothing here that tells us how, which verbal or how long.

b - Does this count even if they died from botched surgery that we performed? Or would another surgeon have to try it?

#4 – The Transfusion skill indicates that the healer “can transfer life from one person to another - it takes 1 minute per point.” Under which circumstances would a healer ever waste their time with this skill? Every other means of healing seems more efficient, unless you’re looking for a torturous Guild of Light style healing.

#5 – Under the Lesser Transference skill it states, “Once a player hits zero life, they can no longer be drained. However, the Empath can heal targets who are in negative life.” Does this mean by alternate means, or does the Empath have a way of healing that I’ve missed?
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Still waiting on the rules...

to answer currently:

1. b (then there is the whole potion thing, but we'll let that pass for now)
2. yes
3. a. I believe it's a minute.
b. I believe the answer is yes to the first part.
4. I believe this allows you to go above maximum by 3 hp.
5. This means if I drain you to heal someone in negative life, I cannot drain you beyond 0. Ie suck from positive to heal those in severe negatives... (this may be over written though) Aaron would know these last two better than I.
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Reid was right on most of these,
#1 - Surgery skill reads, “You can heal up to 10 points in negatives with this skill. It takes one minute to use this skill... Also, a surgeon can heal an additional 9 points using chips. Chips are taken from a bag with 10 chips at a rate of one per minute.”

a - So am I reading this correctly that one surgeon could possibly heal one person up to 19 points over a total of 10 minutes (10 HPs in 1 minute, plus up to 9 HPs if you’re real lucky over the next 9 minutes)?

b - Furthermore, if up to 3 other surgeons assist, this would be a possible other 27 HPs that they could possibly restore over 27 minutes, for a grand total of saving someone as low as –46?

c - Or can those three other surgeons attempt to heal the automatic first 10 HPs before surgery is started, then start surgery, actually allowing for up to –76 to be healed?

a) yes heals 10, then goes to the bag
b) yes again
c) no, they only get the bennifit on the bag, not the original 10 pt heal.

#2 – Clarification: When using surgery and attempting to stabilize them, do I only need to return them to the negative number of what their racial + lifestyle HPs starts at? In the example in the rulebook, an Elf gets healed to –3 and is now stabilized? Rather then them having to get healed to 0 to get stabilized?

correct

#3 - “Finally, if the surgeon can reach an individual within 15 seconds of that person dying, they can attempt to resuscitate them.”

a - How? There’s nothing here that tells us how, which verbal or how long.

b - Does this count even if they died from botched surgery that we performed? Or would another surgeon have to try it?

a) this simply means that the healer can go slightly over the 1 minute mark. He simply resuscitates the victem and begins healing as normal.
b) A victem who dies during surgery (drew a red chip) is dead. The surgeon, or surgeons could not save them.

#4 – The Transfusion skill indicates that the healer “can transfer life from one person to another - it takes 1 minute per point.” Under which circumstances would a healer ever waste their time with this skill? Every other means of healing seems more efficient, unless you’re looking for a torturous Guild of Light style healing.

the major benifit of transfusion, is that you dont neccesarily need to keep track of the patient. You can start on one character with transfusion, and begin healing another. This is where stabilize comes ito play.

#5 – Under the Lesser Transference skill it states, “Once a player hits zero life, they can no longer be drained. However, the Empath can heal targets who are in negative life.” Does this mean by alternate means, or does the Empath have a way of healing that I’ve missed?

Reid had this one right too.
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

Answer to 3a is a little sketchy, let me restate and tell me if I've got this right...

If a player dies (other than by the surgeon's hand), then a surgeon can resuscitate them if they reach them within 15 seconds of their death. This is done by spending one minute with them, and brings them back to -15 life or whatever they were at when they died, whichever is lower.

#4 - Can I get Plot affirmation that you can heal a character above their normal maximum hit points with Transfusion (to a maximum of 3 HPs)?

#5 - I think I wasn't clear on how I asked this. The last line of the description is "However, the Empath can heal targets who are in negative life.” What is this line supposed to mean in relevance to the description? I am very clear about only being able to use HPs that exist, but what did you guys mean about Empaths can heal?

Alright guys, thanks for the responses so far... :)
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Tonia, my bad on a couple of the answers...

The 15 second thing is you get there and perform surgury as normal (ie my 1 minute statement) Basically while everyone has 1 minute to bleed to death, in the eyes of a surgeon this is really 1:15

#3a: From my understanding a surgeon can always use resuscitate with the single exception of the pc drawing a red chip. (example: I'm using surgury to heal Bob. I get hit for damage stopping surgury. Bob dies. I kill the monster in 3.2 seconds. I make it back to Bob and begin surgury again since I'm under the 15 seconds. Bob is at -15 or lower from the stopped surgury.)

#4: 3 life is from transference not transfusion, my bad. Stupid empath ability sounds the same. This skill is of minimal use without lots of healers, I think. I'll talk to Aaron tonight. But from my read, it basically allows for 3 additional life to be healed in severe negatives per surgeon (when combined with extend life).

#5: Empaths have Transference which according to the rulebook (granted this is quite possibly inaccurate as to time and life used per life given) allows the Empath to suck 1 life from a target and give that 1 life to someone else. (this is at greater). The empath may not suck life from someone if they are at zero or below, but they can give that life point to someone at zero or below. (Course I thought that was changed too so they could only heal positives?)

Anyway, I'll grab the info from the mystic that is Aaron.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Healing

Post by Nelkie »

#4: 3 life is from transference not transfusion, my bad. Stupid empath ability sounds the same. This skill is of minimal use without lots of healers, I think. I'll talk to Aaron tonight. But from my read, it basically allows for 3 additional life to be healed in severe negatives per surgeon (when combined with extend life).

To my knowledge the healers transference can only be used to heal some on up to there max life. Only the empath transferrence can grant life past the charcater max, (aka upto +3 life above the charcaters max life points)

#5: Empaths have Transference which according to the rulebook (granted this is quite possibly inaccurate as to time and life used per life given) allows the Empath to suck 1 life from a target and give that 1 life to someone else. (this is at greater). The empath may not suck life from someone if they are at zero or below, but they can give that life point to someone at zero or below. (Course I thought that was changed too so they could only heal positives?)

As it stands now, an empath's transferrence can heal some who is in negatives. You just need alot of postive life to drain from a healthy person to give to the injured person. Works well if you have alot of people near by.
My Thoughts

Aaron