A Soft Glow in the Hills

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

the Group

Post by General Maximus »

The group, under Kidwynn's direction, is able to remove crystal and safely transport it back to the Inn. The group estimates the crystal weighs about 350 lbs.

As the crystal moves closer to the Inn it pulses faster and a faint cracking can be heard.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Sorry, but as soon as the pulse intensifies, Kidwynn stops moving.*

Ok, this bloody thing is becomin' a stronger glow. I'm not movin' it any further towards the others. We can bring Shale, Lambic and some others here. We ARE NOT BLOODY RELEASIN' this thing.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

"Amagus Avantine, to be precise. I'd be sadly disappointed if you had heard of me."

Turns to the steadily more active crystal.

"Another warrior on our side would be advantageous. We would do well to arrange for him to feel indebted to us. Regardless, his awakening may well come with our without our assistance. A Healer must be on hand should this happen, a Sage could perhaps recognize his visage before, or after, he emerges, and Warriors are advised should he prove NOT to be very cooperative."
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
Gin
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Gin »

* Gin coments dryly*

" I can be ready to put him to sleep, or tie him up. I hear it works pretty well."
" dont let the bastards get you down!"
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn smirks at Gin*

Still, I don't want to let this thing out until we know what we are doin'.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

*To Amagus*
Well met, since you seem to know who I am I assume that you also realize that I will keep an eye on you. And never underestimate what is happening in the shadows, if I survived and atleast a few others like me survived then you can bet that atleast a few on the other side survived as well.

*Solari crouches down to be at eye level with Moonstone and a warm smile encompasses his face*

Why the stench of death, decay and darkness of course. The stench of the underdark, the stench that underlings, wraiths, zombies, lesser vampires and greater necromancers have young one.

*Stands up and looks to Arthos*
Obviously, I will keep a very very close eye on you until you continue onto the next phase of the cycle, and to make sure it is the natural phase.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Death

Post by Nelkie »

*Walking towards the Inn Arthos mumbles something*

Many powerful spells, cast, not to long, magic still strong, crystal feeding

*Arthos waver's and falls backwards. As he falls, his hood falls back exposing his face. As the group looks down at Arthos and they do not reconize him. His hair gone, the skin is tight angainst his skull giving the look of death, his eys are sunken with a green glow coming form them, and his lips are small lines on his face. Arthos starts to mumble something but can't be heard from where people are standing*
My Thoughts

Aaron
moonstone
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by moonstone »

Scary man Scary scary…..waiting just until Arthos is out of site. Solvanya looks up to Solari you are right stench indeed. In a low voice with stunned sadness in it Solvanya said what happened to that pore person person well..... I think that was once a person. ..

Looking around she stops and stays quiet
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*After some trashing and some more mumbling, Arthos body lays still. The group starts to see a faint green glow coming from Arthos body. As time passes the glow grows brighter and brighter to the point where vague shape of Arthos desicated body is glowing green through his cloths*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn turns her head away when this all begins, burrying her head in Gin's shoulder not wanting to watch the decay. After a few moments she just maintains awareness of the crystal without watching Arthos any further.*

*She looks at Gin.*

Sorry about that. I just am not about to watch that magical ookieness or whatever do what it's doin'. I actually find it a tad disturbin'.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Death

Post by General Maximus »

As Arthos body glows brighter and brighter so does the crystal. The crystal pulses faster and faster. Loud cracking can be heard from the crystal and bits and pieces start falling from the crystal. The pieces from the crystal vaporate in to a blue mist as they fall to the ground.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Notices the cracking*

Get the body away from the crystal now! Whatever is goin' on it's causin' the crystal to crack and since we don't know for certain what's inside let's not take that risk.
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

Amagus intensely watches both Arthos and the crystal with excited glee.

"Too late! The Dwarf comes free!"
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

*Solari stands over Arthos and he and his staff begin to glow with a soft green energy*

The crystal must have hastened his decay.

*Ignoring everything else he focuses intently on what is happening with Arthos*
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

Arthos body shines so bright it hurts to look at it. Solari tries to do what he can, but he can not approach close enough to touch Arthos body do to the heat and engery radiating from it.

All of sudden a scream ripped from the the nine hells perieces the still night air. A flash of green light that temporaly blinds everyone washs over the group and Inn.

As everyone eye's clear they notice the glowing from Arthos body has stopped. As the group looks they notice that there is something wrong, that Arthos cloths are lying on the ground, but there is no body in them.

Solari, looks closer and notice a fine ash fills the cloths
My Thoughts

Aaron