Premature Questioning?

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Curufin
Town Member
Town Member

Premature Questioning?

Post by Curufin »

Chris and GMs:

You said:

Archer
-2nd level skill infinate arrows is now changed to magic arrow. An archer may choose to call magic damage if they wish.
-4th level archer skill no longer does magic damage.

Previously the archer was as follows:

Level 1: Use Bow
You can use any kind of bow or crossbow. The damage you call is one vorpal. Heavy crossbows do +1 damage, but it takes 15 seconds to cock. The time begins after the bow is loaded.
Level 2: Create Arrows
You can always make and repair arrows. It takes you no time to create arrows and you are always considered to have them.
Level 3: True Shot
With true shot you can hold off shooting your bow to do more damage. Every 5 count increases the damage by 1 with a maximum increase of 2 (a 10 count).
Level 4: Magic arrow
This skill takes 30 seconds to do but multiplies your base damage by three and is magical. Call ‘# magic vorpal’ when using this skill.

SO.....is it now:

Level 1: Use Bow
You can use any kind of bow or crossbow. The damage you call is one vorpal. Heavy crossbows do +1 damage, but it takes 15 seconds to cock. The time begins after the bow is loaded.
Level 2: Magic Arrow
An archer may choose to call magic damage if they wish. (i.e. An archer that shoots a bolt from a heavy x-bow may call 2 magic vorpal instead of 2 vorpal if he/she wishes).
Level 3: True Shot
With true shot you can hold off shooting your bow to do more damage. Every 5 count increases the damage by 1 with a maximum increase of 2 (a 10 count). [can use with Level 2: Magic Arrow]
Level 4: More Damaging Arrow
This skill takes 30 seconds to do but multiplies your base damage by three. Does not stack with Level 2: Magic Arrow.

Is this how the Archer works now?

Also, the Utilize Armor has changed

Dwarf:
-20% bonus to armor instead of 25%

Warrior
-Each level of utilize armor now gives 20% instead of 25%

--Pretty much all utilize armors that were 25% are now 20%

So.... if someone is a dwarf rouge/craftsman and is wearing 4 points of armor, does he get no armor boon bonus? Would he have to be wearing 5 points to get 1?

Ryan
Lost my train of thought.....
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

You are correct in how archery works now. level 4 muliplier stacks with the other leves and the multiplier is multiplied at the end.

As for the dwaarf it is our rule that all fractions are rounded down, BUT I am thinking that you should always get 1 armor point. I will confirm this with the team.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

I can get behind a 'minimum of one' rule.

But the first jack-ass who walks out on the field with nothing but a helmet, and adds the extra point cause 20% of 1 rounded down with a minimum of one, ergo a 2 point helmet, will get turned into a pretzel.

~the Lunatic fringe~
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

No Cheese Rules

Post by Nelkie »

Ok, here is my idea on armor. You can not count on the no cheese rule working all the time. The rules need to be clear cut and most of the bugs worked out. If I read that all armor fractions rounded up (20% warrior bonus), I would have that 2 armor helemt. It is in the rules, and no where in the rules does it say different.

To keep it balanced try this idea

If the fraction is 1.5 or lower it rounds down (this balances out how many armor points are given to light armor)
If the fractionis higher than 1.5 it rounds up.

Note: percents are applied to the full suit, not to indivual pieces.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

I retract my previous statement. You want more points? wear better armor. No fractions.

Dont like it? Thank the cheese weasels.

Pretzels anyone?

~the Lunatic fringe~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

You do realize this is how it's worked until now? To be honest I'm against fractions anyway.