OCT 15th - Frank -N- Stein - Rocky Horror Picture Show

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

OCT 15th - Frank -N- Stein - Rocky Horror Picture Show

Post by Lambic »

I work at the Frauenthal Theatre in Muskegon. We're having a cool event that I thought/hoped some people might be interested in.

Saturday October 15th:

7:00 PM Night of the Living Grim & Frankenbravo (Halloween cartoons)
7:30 PM Young Frankenstein, 1974 comedy-horror starring Gene Wilder. Rated PG
9:30 PM Frankenstein, 1931 horror classic starring Boris Karloff. Not rated.
10:45 PM Costume Contest on Frauenthal Stage
11:15 PM Rocky Horror Picture Show, 1975 cult classic starring Tim Curry as Dr. Frank-N-Furter. Rated R (No one under 17 admitted without parent or guardian). Prop bags will be available for purchase. No outside props will be allowed in the theater.

Doors open at 6pm. A $10 cover charge includes a marathon of Frankenstein movies and a collectible glass stein filled with your choice of a beer or soda. (Glass stein limited to the first 500 patrons.)

There will be 6 Michigan Microbrew to sample (tasters are available for $1 or 16oz stein refill are $4) and 4 specialty Bud products, like red dyed Bud aka Bloody Bud and Flavor added Amber Bock. There are also several Halloween themed wines, some of which will Michigan wines, also $4 a glass. Coke product and water will be available. Franks (hotdogs) will be $2, there will also be popcorn and candy for sale.

The prizes for the costume contest are gonna be pretty cool, although they are aimed at Muskegonites. One is a limo ride up the the Double JJ in Rothbury, hotel stay there, and tix to their halloween events, including The Rocky Horror Show. Another prize is a movie showing for you and 150 of your friends in our smaller theater. The last prize will probably be some gift certificates and tix to Frankenstein at the Community College in Muskegon.

I believe Blondie/Claude and his wife and Frank/Charron and Susan/(can't remeber her character name) will be coming. All others welcome! Oh and my wife will be volunteering as well. Crash space is probably doable with advance notice.
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Directions

Post by Lambic »

From I-96 - when I-96 ends it turns into Business 31. Follow that all the way downtown, you'll know when it Ys, take the left fork onto Shoreline Dr. The fourth non-blinking light is 3rd St. Take a right. Two blocks up on the right is the Theatre. There is a parking lot on the left, which is where I would suggest you park.

US-31 from south of Muskegon - Take the Downtown exit, this will drop you on Business 31. Follow that all the way downtown, you'll know when it Ys, take the left fork onto Shoreline Dr. The fourth non-blinking light is 3rd St. Take a right. Two blocks up on the right is the Theatre. There is a parking lot on the left, which is where I would suggest you park.

US-31 from North of Muskegon - Take the first Muskegon Exit, it will have a whole lane that exit into 2 lanes. Stay in the left lane, you want head downtown and not to North Muskegon. There is construction here but its usually pretty navigatable. You are on Business 31 and it will split, take the right split, Shoreline Drive. The 3rd light is 3rd St. take a left. Two blocks up on the right is the Theatre. There is a parking lot on the left, which is where I would suggest you park.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

That sounds awesome.. I'm definatly on it.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage