Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children

Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children

Post by Claude du Sinjin »

Ok, whose seen it and what did ya think? Myself, I thought it was pretty slick but that might just be the sleep dep talking. I'll hafat watch it few more times before I pass final judgement. No matter what it blew Spirits Within away!!!
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Saying that it blew Spirits away isn't saying much, sadly.

I haven't seen AC yet, though.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

Where did ya see it Blondie? I am quite interested in checking it out.
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

wait for it...
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Thought it was delayed...

Hopefully, the english dub is good as I don't do subtitles. I can't read that fast and don't like concentrating while trying to enjoy mind numbing TV.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

I DL'd it monday and hunted down subtitles to it. It was definitely made for Japanese audiences though as it seemed a lil disjointed... but once again that may just be the sleep dep. I noticed similar trends though when I was watching Casshern. Maybe its a bad job in the subtitling, maybe its a cultural difference, maybe we just demand too much from our movies... I don't know. But I think I liked it, yes... I liked it. I just need to watch it a few more times to figure out why exactly...

As for subtitles, I'd rather read them and have them distract me a lil from the flick as opposed to having them cast some real jackass for the voice of a great character and totally kill it. Dear God they're getting Tony Danza to do voice acting for anime nowadays, I'm afraid to hear what Sephiroth will sound like. *shudder*
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

That's cool. The one thing I like about dvds anymore. Choose your language and your subtitles.

I still will never forget going to see Crouching Tiger and realizing it was subtitled and being thoroughly lost... all the while hearing 'people can't fly!'
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Hmm, so the question seems how many people want to wait for it come out in the U.S. and who would like to watch it a lil bit sooner?

*Looks at the pile of blank discs on the desk*
DrakelenasElderich
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DrakelenasElderich »

I for one would like to watch both. Japanese and American versions. If you don't mind could you drop off a copy to my brother, seeing how he lives right next door to you. 2160 is his address, its like two doors away.
Drakelenas Elderich
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Sure thing! I'll drop it off inna few minutes or I can run it over to ya right now. Just so everyone knows, I included a program that you must runs to view the subtitles on Windows Media Player. At least, I had to on mine. :)
DrakelenasElderich
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DrakelenasElderich »

I was blown away. The animation is awesome, the fight scenes were increadible, and the subtitles didn't affect the overall joy of the film. I can't wait to see the American version of it now.
Drakelenas Elderich
Onyksi Rin'oviryn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onyksi Rin'oviryn »

As a very long time FFVII fan... I'm pissed.

I was left with a pretty WTF feeling after watching it.

Feels like it was just slapped together randomly. Nothing deep. No good explanations of anything. Too many miraculous landings on high speeding motorcycles.

I'll stop before I start giving plot away. (I miss Aeris.) Fun fact - Aeris and I have the same birthday.

Anyone else sit there in the middle of it trying to figure out how many points of damage stuff did?