The Ka's new armor (no, it's not me naked!)

Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

The Ka's new armor (no, it's not me naked!)

Post by dier_cire »

It still needs about 4 layers of clear coat and then one last sanding (reason it's dull right now is I just did the final sanding before clear coating) then buffing and attached to the leather. Then multiply that by 18... So yeah, I'm about halfway...

Oh that and I still need to do the white and black highlights / shadows on the gold... (good thing I've got a week and a half off)

And the first person to mention the imperfection in the gold at the lower left, I'll have to beat them with a wet noodle! Yeah, I was a wee bit sloppy on the tape not lining up perfectly but it was the test piece....
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Damn fine work! I look forward to seeing it done.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Well, I'm down to just clear coating now. Got two coats on, waiting for that to dry before sanding. Then two more coats and some rela light sanding then let them dry for a few days then buff them out.

After that, it's all assembly...
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Picture update. Painted, and clear coated. Should be a bit shinier before the event as I can polish and wax it in two weeks once the clear coat has time to harden. I should be starting assembly tomorrow.

DrakelenasElderich
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DrakelenasElderich »

Looks SWEET!!!
Drakelenas Elderich
Audry
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Audry »

Very cool... I wish I had your patience....Looks like a whole lotta love went into that stuff!!!

Can't wait to see it!
Audry
member of Gryffin Guild
member of Dead Ladies Society

“The old father wove the skein of your like long ago. Go hide in a hole if you wish. You won’t live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man NOTHING!”
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

One assembled chest piece...

GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

So, I'm thinking 1 point of fake armor for this... :lol:
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

WOW

Post by Nelkie »

So, how much for you building a suit for me!! I looks asome Eric. Great job as usual.
My Thoughts

Aaron
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Ovak Stonecrusher wrote:So, I'm thinking 1 point of fake armor for this... :lol:
Course, Ka doesn't have any armor anyway, seeing as _someone_ lost his character sheet... :D (Sorry, have to tease you a little for it.)

And Aaron, you can make your own. You must have tonnes of free time seeing as you're always at home and have two women to take care of the children and all. :D
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

*drools* That is some sexy armor.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

What material was used?
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

It's my old armor only with leather and a much more extensive paint job. 16 gauge sheet steel and 7oz leather.

Next on the list is either shield or sword.

Shield will have a leather covering with the face of the false king tooled into it. If any remember Ka wanted the skin from his head. This would be why. lol.

Sword will be latex, not sure on absolute design yet but I'll use the graphite core I still have...
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Armor is finished, more or less. Leather needs some stretch time as I've already had to add two eyeholes to each strap as everything settles into place. Pictures to follow...

WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Nice!! That looks sweet. Great Job. I found a picture of Ka BTW :)

Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!