Character Points

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

I dont think polotics is the way to go here....

but I do think that it would make a nice incentive to playing characters beyond 20th level, maybe 1 every 4 levels? so...
at,
21st lvl; they would get an extra CP
22nd lvl; nada
23rd lvl; another CP
24th lvl; a hero point
25th lvl; another CP
26th lvl; nada
27th lvl; another CP
28th lvl; a hero point
29th lvl; another CP
30th lvl; nada
etc...

or if we split the difference and made it a CP every level, with a Hero Point instead every 3rd level.
at,
21st lvl; they would get an extra CP
22nd lvl; another CP
23rd lvl; a hero point
24th lvl; another CP
25th lvl; another CP
26th lvl; a hero point
27th lvl; another CP
28th lvl; another CP
29th lvl; a hero point
30th lvl; another CP
etc...

or is this too many?
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Every plot I was on I had a pocketful of hero point tags to give out, just waiting to see some semblance of a reason to give one out, but I just kept thinking that the npc's I play were most deserving of them so I kept them...was this wrong? :twisted:

Yet another post with nothing constructive to say...
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

I veto any amount of increased character points after 20th level as being described.

Well unless people want to decrease the amount given out pre 20th level and STRETCH it out over say 5 years.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I'm in favor of stretching out levels 10-20 to about 10-30 and I think we need a definate structure for hero points. I would say one every 2-4 levels after the soft cap.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I think that there are legitimate concerns about a lot of the rules that have been discussed here, but I have to say if anything is not broken it's the charcter point structure. As we have it now, characters advance quickly just like we want it. I think it is the natrural tendency for players to want more, and I understand that, but I'm against changing something so that a character might gain an extra skill a year earlier. If you want a different skill, unlearn one and get a new one. Now, we definately need a system for hero points. That is the substitute, along with allegiance points, for advancement as opposed to character points. I would be in favor of gaining one every four levels since that is consistent with levels gained per event right now and thus it is easy,
Mike