Return from Frostfell: Chapter 3 (Witch Demon Pass)

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Anvyrin Onyk'undi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anvyrin Onyk'undi »

*Vir-Drake helps McEwan to his feet and gives him a hardy pat to the back with a big laugh*

"We need to do this more often. Fighting alongside you was a pleasure McEwan, I'd do it anyday."

*Vir-Drake then turns his attention to Donovan*

"Speak if you must my old friend. I am listening."
Vir-Drake

Former Captain of the Azure Shields
Former traveler with evil
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Begins healing Annika*
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Donovan nods to Drake and gestures to a currently uninhabited portion of the clearing. He then strides in that direction.*
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

*Having been awakened by the battle and observing from near the fire, Corbyn strides over to Annika. He stands where he can see Donovan and Drake talking in the distance. *

Annika, how much longer will our journey keep us in this accursed place? I would have our trek home be as peaceable as possible.

Dallid and McEwan, I would appreciate your assessment of these "visions". Do these spectres pose a threat? Can you banish them, indicating they are some form of undead?
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

*Kels just stands by the fire warming his hands the whole time*
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

*After four full minutes of the baby laying there crying incessantly, Annika is awakened to Dallid's healing touch. Annika looks around at those around her and then over to the baby. Seeing no one else move to deal with the child, she reaches over and picks it up then dedicates her attention to soothing it.*

*After Corbyn directly addresses her, she shoots a darting look up at him. This is the first time that anyone might detect anger from her. She shakes her head and for the moment returns her energies to calming the baby.*
Anvyrin Onyk'undi
Town Member
Town Member

*Vir-Drake follows Donovan side by side and listen to what he has to say*
Vir-Drake

Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

These creatures do not belong here, Corbyn. But how to best remove them depends upon the source of their transgression. Banishment or magical damage might suffice. However, if Time, itself, is damaged, then nothing may have a permanent effect until Time, itself, is healed.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos sitting by the fire writing in a book and half wacthing what was going on gets up and walks over to Annika*

It is good to see you are alright *With a smile on his face*

I don't know if I have introduced myself, I'm Arthos Vanshriek.

You have told us much of this place and have lead us through your homelands, and I thank you.

If you have time, I would like to ask you a question. What happens if these ghost kill you? The wounds you and MCquin have than look real enough to me and wonder exactly how danagerous these poor spirits are.

And your actions puzzle me. You knew that baby was a spirit but you protected as if it was alive and your own. Very noble, but fruitless in the end. I mean no ill will with this question, and if you wish not to speak of it, I will leave you be. But it is good to see you are alright.

*Arthos stand there smiling and looking at the baby. A smile is on his face*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

(Donmayo who must have unnoticed by anyone during the fight taken a blow to the back of the head as he has been ordered to protect Annika shakes off the stunning blow, climbs to his feet again, and goes to see it she is ok.)
*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

-Donmayo of Mahuru April 1055 PEW
Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

*Annika's attention is focused on the infant, who has mostly quieted by now but still lets out a cry occasionally to remind those around that he is still there, until Arthos approaches her. Annika looks up while still bouncing the baby and making cooing noises to keep him occupied and listens to Arthos's kind words and smiles a bit.*

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Good Sir Vanshriek. It is most good of you to address me in such a... less aggressive way than others have these past few days."

"As I explained before we entered these plains, if you engage the spirits in any way, to include healing or simply defending those fighting or otherwise engaging the spirits, they can attack and harm you as any real person could. The only difference that we have found is that, should you fall to one of these spirit's axes, you will arise the following morning as though it were a dream. This does not mean, however, that you do not experience pain." *Annika sits straight up and adjusts her back a bit to demonstrate that she is still reeling from the two blows that hit her.* "As for the child, I do not know his or her significance, however, it was the cloak that I recognized for I have seen it all of my days. Did the rest of you not recognize it was the same cloak worn by the Gaula and given to Gideon the Rider?" *Annika looks around a bit, but mostly directs her attention to Arthos.* "Whether ghost or dream, I could not stand by and watch that woman be carelessly slaughtered before me, especially not if she holds some significance to our family..."

"These spirits or waking dreams are an unusual phenomen and do not otherwise engage the living, nor do they generally stray from these Plains, unless led out." *Annika's eyes widen and she looks down at the baby.* "Oh no! What am I to do with this child?!?!?" *Annika looks up to Arthos as if to request his suggestion and help.*
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

Will the child simply not fade away in the coming day?
*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

-Donmayo of Mahuru April 1055 PEW
Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

*Annika looks up to Donmayo and shakes her head sadly.*

"No, I do not think so... as I said before these spirits are known to walk during the day, as well. Even our Eldest Sages are uncertain why, although some speculate it is because they were unattended during the night and have nowhere to return. But this child... he or she..."

*Annika breaks off and looks down at the baby tearfully.*
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Donovan and Vir-Drake can be seen walking back towards the fire and the others. Upon seeing the child, Donovan changes direction and briefly kneels next to Annika. He appears to give the child a close eye, then he notices the cloak.*

"Is this what I think it is?" he asks, gesturing towards the cloak.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Anvyrin Onyk'undi
Town Member
Town Member

*Vir-Drake approches the camp with Donovan, and changes directions with him when he hears the cry of the baby*

"Is this what she had in her arms? Cute little thing. Mind if I hold her, or him?"

*Vir-Drake then sits down next to Annika and holds out his arms*
Vir-Drake