Warrior Suggestions

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Warrior Suggestions

Post by Nelkie »

I have been doing some thinking about the warrior. I have not been a fan of the beserk skill and believe it is not very useful for a third level path skill.

Here's my suggestion.

Remove beserk
Move endurance to thrid level and remove the 15 min recoup time. This alows a warrior to keep going until -10 and still use any skill that does not take a life to activate. Note the warrior will bleed to death.

Add a charged up skill in the third level path skills
Critical strike - The warrior has learn how to study an opponent and strike them to do the greatest amount of damage.
The warrior must chose a target, do a 5 count charge up, and the next offense action the warrior can swing 5 damage. (can not be used with crush or vorpal)

To replace endurance a new skill can be added to 2nd level warrior path skill list.
suggestion is the warrior gets an additional minute to bleed to death

What do you think?
My Thoughts

Aaron
Azara Blackhawk

Post by Azara Blackhawk »

Personally, I really like the idea a lot.

To me logically looking at a warrior I see it being more of the way in which Aaron describes. Bezerk is just a skill that is hardly if all ever used. It just simply does not make any sense to use something like that.

Anyway, that is just my thought on the matter.
Trevor Owen
GM

What about...

Post by Trevor Owen »

What about making berserk a barbarian skill, not a warrior skill, allowing them to loose control and strike for more damage, sort of a killing frenzy. Then add in a more rational skill for the warrior?
Master of witless lore and red herrings
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

If Berserk is so useles why not just take it out and move Endurance to third and be done with it. Empath only has 3 skills at Advanced and Master. And I like the time thing it represents pushing your body to the limit. You wouldn't get the extra damage in neegatives but seems like some of you don't feel that it's an advantage anyway. Berserk and Endurance to me seem like skills that are desperate measure skills, you are already in negatives when they kick in, everyone else would be unconcious bleeding to death and the warrior can fight on but at a cost, a recoup time.

Don't much like the critical strike thing, it's basically Berserk without any of the conditions or side effects, +4 to base damage, besides that makes the Warrior\Archer able to do massive damage, (5+2)x3= 21 Magic Vorpal.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Charge up skills

Post by Nelkie »

note: unless other specified you can only use 1 skill at a time. So you couldn't use magic arrow with critical strike. Also critcal strike can only be done with a melle weapon.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Endurance

Post by Nelkie »

If the recoup time is removed it gives a warrior 9 extra life before they are down. But remeber there is server negatives.
1 st - your are bleeding to death as you fight on in negatives
2nd - You can not use any life driven skills (rage, parry)
3 rd - Before you bleed to death you need to find a healer to patch you
4th - If you get hit by a backstab or a 30 magic while in negatives you are in trouble.

So having a warrior able to fight on in negatives is not that great of an adavantage, and could lead to their death if not careful.

As for determination any one can pick that skill up for 20 points and you have negative warrior bonus. You stay awakenin negatives, and can drink potions.
My Thoughts

Aaron
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

The whole fighting negatives is basically a very small cushion since you still have to be healed. We had non- warriors at -24 this event, if that had been me in negatives already, that'd be -30 or so. I'd then be dead. Great skill.

Like the 5 damage thing since it's been thrown around before. Maybe look into it being a 10 count but that's play test stuff. A five count is so short, as we know from you and the backstab. :)
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

note: unless other specified you can only use 1 skill at a time
Archer does not have that limitation that's how you get 9 magic vorpal now by using the archer's charge up.
Also critcal strike can only be done with a melle weapon
None of the other warrior skills except parry say that they only work with melee weapons so I assumed that this was the same since it was not mentioned in the description.
If the recoup time is removed it gives a warrior 9 extra life before they are down
True, an extra 9 life on top of the 2 more than anyone else they already get. Basically extending your life by 128% over the normal 7.
So having a warrior able to fight on in negatives is not that great of an adavantage, and could lead to their death if not careful.
Falling on the ground and being helpless as far as defending yourself, which is how everyone else is, is much worse.

Every disadvantage there is suffered by everyone else as well with the exception that everyone else simply bleeds to death, no chance to fight back.

Determination is great I have it, but it still won't let you fight, or run, or even walk in negatives.

5 seconds is pretty short but Backstab is limited by having to get behind someone, not so easy all the time, trust me. I don't have a problem with the count because while you're counting a warrior with fury could waste you and you can't even block to defend yourself. Calling 3 I could get off quite a few hits if the other person is just standing there.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

I still do not like how a warrior has to keep track of negatives while doing other things. It is the only super complicated thing we have.

Can we get a creative option to get away from that.

-Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I thought we already did discuss getting away from counting...

Not sure if we can bring back old topics, but basically it wsa you go till end of combat fighting but at the end drop to -10 or your current negatives whatever is lower and may only use determination.

Still like the idea of romving berserk for the 5 for 5(or 10) though. Enurance is good enough.

As for getting behind people, you don't have to be behind them, just hit them in the back. That's actually not too tough with a shield. Wrapping is very nice for a thief. Mike knows this well. :)
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Idea

Post by Nelkie »

Chris,

You have a vaild point. I total forgot about that discussion.

lets keep it simple.

Get rid of beserk

Endurance - the warrior can walk talk run, drink potions while in negatives (up to -10). No skills can be used, can not fight.
(Basicly this allows the warrior to get out of battle and find a healer before they bleed to death) They only need to concentrate on bleeding to death. No recoup time required.

What do you think?
My Thoughts

Aaron
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

I like that idea Aaron, although I think allowing them to still use any non-combat skills they possess would be ok.
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

I agree, non-com skills would be ok. My vote; Yes. Also I know it seems to have been dropped anyway, but wanted to speak out against the critical strike. It would basically be the equivalent of a 'Backstab' for the warrior, that wouldnt have to be delivered from the back. My vote; No.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Critical Strike

Post by Nelkie »

It is like like back stab a little bit

Full path thief
Backstab 12 damage for a 5 count (must hit the back) With a shield it is easy to hit a monster in the back

Full path warrior
Critcial strike 5 damage for a 5 count (hit any where)

It is not that big of a benifit. It is a first strike in the start of combat.

Note it realy is +2 damage for 1 swing. Most warriors can swing 3 damage in combat with out charge time. So it is better time spent swinging 3 damage than charging for 5 damage.
My Thoughts

Aaron
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Berserk - +2 damage while in negatives up to -10...

Critical Strike - +2 damage (effective) for next swing for a 5 count.

Not seeing a big difference except that I can actually use critical strike once per combat, whereas berserk is once per character (more or less).