Muskegon Area.

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Muskegon Area.

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

It seems that my tales have generated some interest about FH in the Muskegon area. As such, I have made myself available to those who are interested in getting involved. I've mostly acted as a propaganda officer so far, but a small group of potential attendees is coming together. If there's anyone over on this side of the state who would like help with phys-reps, costumes, character ideas, or just a face-to-face conversation about FH, you can send them to me. I'm available via e-mail at <azurethunder@hotmail.com> or by phone at (231) 638-3083.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

Not sure what I can do, especially since I don't make it consistantly, but I am over in the GR area. I'll see what I can do around here. If you have ideas, run them by me. If anyone wants character portraits, for free (or for a small commission to help out the starving artist...hint...hint...), I would be glad to help. :)

jade_raven@netzero.net or 616-261-8712

I'm Angela by the way. Not sure if we have met.
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting you as yet. The september event was my first real LARP experience. My being introduced to FH and all of the people involved was a result of Karen and I getting our weekends confused, so I suppose you could say I'm a very ambitious scheduling error. :lol:

As for a character sketch, I may take you up on your offer. I lack any real drawing talent of my own, but I've always liked having some image to reference. I'm sure I could even scare up a donation to the starving artist. I've never seen any of your artwork, but I get the feeling you know what you're about. Drop me a message if you feel like a project.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

OOH OOH OOH ME TOO! I WANNA PICCIE!
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Onyksi Rin'oviryn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onyksi Rin'oviryn »

Me three
Let me be the one you need, I shall be the one you feed. All I am and all you see, is all I will and ever be.

Onyksi del Rin'oviryn
"Nuk"
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Uh oh. You may have opened a door better left closed... :wink:
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

:shock:
Oh no, trust me...If people want art, I am all theirs, even if they are only willing to pay a measly few bucks to help me out. If people are as bad off as me however, I wasn't kidding about the free thing.

Donovan, I do not know your real name but Karen has told me about a friend she was visiting in the Muskegon area. As for my artwork, if Jim Dewald ever comes to FH ask to see his gryffin tattoo. Not sure if anyone else has samples, but Karen has seen my work as well.

If anyone else wants to email me descriptions of pictures they want (pm works too), I'll get started. Be as detailed as you can. I won't mind going through more than one draft to get it right for you either. My style can vary depending on what you want (realistic, high-fantasy, ethereal, dark/gothic). Hopefully, if not sooner, I will see you all at the next event. :wink:
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Eilonwy, I had an idea for your artistic talents. Leave a response when you see this and I'll PM you with the details.

Oh, and my name is David, but many know me as "Taki". With a last name like "Takitaki", I suppose it was a natural choice for a nickname. :D
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

Dude, you have a real name?! :)
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Actually, I've got a couple of them. The english version of my name, which is how it appears on all my documentation in the U.S.A., is David Michael Takitaki. In Tonga however, where my father is from, my full name plus honorific is Mua'afu Tevita Malakai Takitaki. Phonetically, it sounds out - moo-AH-foo TAY-vee-ta MAH-lah-kai TAH-key-TAH-key.

Around here, you can call me Donovan. :lol:
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

I want 17 names!!!

:lol:
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

did you get to *pick* your english name? I'm so jealous!
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

:lol: No, I didn't get to pick my english name. David Michael is pretty much a direct translation of Tevita Malakai.
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

Well, Taki of the Thousand Names, here is your response. So feel free to PM away.

I need a cool nickname...Angela annoys me too much. Though I have been called Beastie by someone we both know. I have no idea why....
:twisted:

-Anjira Mikugururi (reverse translate from Japanese and you get....)