Good things teenagers can do for their community...

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Good things teenagers can do for their community...

Post by Fionna »

Hey guys,

I advise our National Honor Society at the school where I teach. Next week Tuesday, March 22, we are hosting a blood drive in honor of one of our elementary teachers who is fighting breast cancer. I realize most of you do not live near Allegan County, but I wanted to make a plea anyway. If you can give blood and live some what near by, the drive runs from 9:45am - 3:30 pm at Martin High School. School is off of exit 55 off US 131. Head east of 116th ave and just east of the stop light. (Martin High School) If you plan to donate, please let me know so I can ensure the Red Cross has enough bags.

If you cannot donate blood, we are also going to be collecting money for the American Cancer Society. We would like to send a large check in the teacher's name. If you'd like to donate money, you can send a check to school or I am more than happy to collect donations at the first event. If you write a check, please make it out to Martin High School. We'll be sending one large (hopefully) check to the American Cancer Society. I can hold off having the check drafted until after the event.

Please think about helping either of these great causes. We want to blow our goal out of the water and show Karen how much our community is thinking about her and her family.

Dani L
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”