Fighters Practice 4-3-10

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Fighters Practice 4-3-10

Post by Zeira »

What: Fighter Practice
Where: Bluffton Elementry 1875 Waterworks Rd Muskegon, MI
When: 2PM till ??? (Probably 6PM)
Why: Because we are all rusty and need the exercise.

I'm thinking we can do some sparring in the field, do some capture the flag in the woods behind the dunes, and maybe a round robin tournament. There will be extra weapons available so feel free to bring people who are interested in the game or who just want to hit people with a padded sword. There's a park for children as well.

If you need directions to the school or need a ride PM me and I will give you my cell. Weather is supposed to be 70 degrees and beautiful. Hope to see you there!!!

Edit: To change location

(Cross-posted on WH site)
Last edited by Zeira on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Currently, I have to work until 5, but I'll try to weasel my way into leaving early.
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

sounds fun, but i live way over here on the east side so no go :roll:
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

We always used to do it at McGraft park
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

I know we used to do it at McGraft but I kinda wanted to try something a bit different. There will be a milion frisbee golfers out there that saturday and probably someone will want to use the baseball field where we practiced last time leaving us very little space. Bluffton is only 2.7 miles away from there with some trails, hills, and a flat field we can practice on.

The one thing McGraft has going for it though is the grills. But I was thinking about doing some BBQ at my house afterwords if anyones down.
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

I don't think I'll be in Muskegon this weekend, but you may want to reconsider holding practice at an elementary school. The policies concerning weapons or weapon facsimiles on school property are very strict, and the last thing you want is to have some parent making calls about people fighting on school property. McGraft is a public park and we have a history of using the location, so I'd recommend that site. If you're really going for a change of venue I'd suggest keeping it in a park or on private land.
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

theres a ton of land and open field out by my house.

just sayin.
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Taki makes an excellent point. On that note...

McGraft instead of Bluffton.

Next to the baseball diamond.

See everyone there!
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Well due to the fact that some people truely seem to prefer Bluffton...

I called the Bluffton and spoke with the principal Jerry Johnson. He said it was fine with him and recommended I get a permit. I called Gary who is in charge of building management for Muskegon Public Schools and filled out the paperwork for the permit. He said he would call me tommorow and let me know the status. He seems fine with the idea and appreciates the heads up.

Sometimes all you have to do is ask nicely and people will give you what you want.

The event is in no way associated with FH/WH as I have no authority to represent them in anyway and have not used their name in any way while speaking with school officals and filling out paperwork.

Update tommorow. Sorry about the run around!
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Sounds like a lot of work! Way to go for making the effort, whatever the outcome.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

I really like practicing at Bluffton. It's the best place to practice in my opinion because we will have plenty of space and there is a wide variety of terrain. It really is worth the extra effort to be able to use that area for practice.
Haku
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Haku »

I'll be there rockin some new gear!
~ Carpe Nocturn ~

Paer'An' Alla'Ana
Lightning Rider
Defender of the Flame
Honor Guard of the Last Grand Oracle
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Update

I got the permit, so we will have practice at Bluffton. Sorry about all the run around. It better not rain...

I will switch the address again.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Someone rocks in this thread :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

It's official... Mother Nature hates larpers. It hasn't rained or been yucky in like 3 weeks... In fact, it's been downright beautiful. Today, it's raining.