Saturday get-together in Muskegon

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Saturday get-together in Muskegon

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

All right bird-folk, here’s the plan for Saturday.

12:00pm – 1:00pm: Arrive at the park, nab picnic tables, reserve a grill, set up our “area”.

1:00pm – 5:00pm: Combat types engage in much beating on each other w/foam weaponry, non-combat types (the injured, the tired, significant others, etc.) prepare food and laugh when Roi and Scott get smacked in the junk. Figure on a cease-fire for eating somewhere around 2:30pm.

5:00pm – 7:00pm:
Make for the Beach (weather permitting). Stop by the Frosty Oasis for ice cream either before or after beach run. Swim, frolic, cavort, and otherwise enjoy the watery goodness.

7:00pm – 9:00pm: Return from the beach, get cleaned up and changed, grab dinner, and hit a local watering hole. (Dinner site and watering hole have yet to be determined. Could be the same place, depending if people are looking for a “club” atmosphere or a “bar” atmosphere.).

Sometime after 9:00pm – Sometime before 3:00am: Party moves to Curufin’s place, people are encouraged to fall over on something soft… preferably not me.

-Sunday’s proceedings could be anything – from more practice to group hangover recovery.

-NOTE: These activities are by no means limited to the bird folk. If anyone else is willing to overcome certain geographic barriers, they would certainly be welcome to attend. Sleeping arrangements may be limited to floorspace, but can be made.-

For the moment, the breakdown for the foodstuffs goes like this:

Donovan, Curufun, Kabre, Shale: Grillables – meat and meat products, buns.

Lambic, Drake, Kels, Rahl: Side dishes – chips, salads, etc.

Sethreal, Brikal, Kidwynn: Beverages and Desserts – 2 liters, cans, whatever Julie makes, etc.

Darion, August, Sumder: Necessities – Plates, cups, utensils, condiments, napkins, charcoal, ice.

-Anyone who can bring good-sized cooler, please do so. Post / call me and let me know.

-Lambic: Please bring your grilling utensils. In the event that a grill is not available at the park, we may look at snagging yours (provided you are agreeable to such).

-Anyone else who cares to attend: consider it a potluck and just bring something. Specialty dishes are always welcome.

There ya go folks, consider youself informed.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I've been trying to figure out my saturday... hrm.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Well, both Yahoo Weather and the Weather Channel report excellent weather for Satuday, Mostly sunny with highs in the 70's, so it should be a great day.

The more, the merrier.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Sumder
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Sumder »

No more goblins for me... well at least not 10 anyway... that hurt for 2 days after...
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Ok Sumder. If you NPC, you can play something slower next time. :lol:
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Saturday get-together in Muskegon

Post by Lambic »

Donovan Thynedar wrote:All right bird-folk, here’s the plan for Saturday.
Woohoo We have a plan! A plan! I'm so happy!
5:00pm – 7:00pm:[/b] Make for the Beach (weather permitting). Stop by the Frosty Oasis for ice cream either before or after beach run.
Damn it! I created a junkie!

-Sunday’s proceedings could be anything – from more practice to group hangover recovery.
Don't forget 7th Sea.
-NOTE: These activities are by no means limited to the bird folk. If anyone else is willing to overcome certain geographic barriers, they would certainly be welcome to attend. Sleeping arrangements may be limited to floorspace, but can be made.-
Yes! yes! come play with us!

Damn it! That sounded dirty.
Lambic, Drake, Kels, Rahl: Side dishes – chips, salads, etc.
Can do.
-Anyone who can bring good-sized cooler, please do so. Post / call me and let me know.
I've got at least 2, let me know what you need. Oh, plus the water I bring to practise.
-Lambic: Please bring your grilling utensils. In the event that a grill is not available at the park, we may look at snagging yours (provided you are agreeable to such).
No problem but we might need Bob's truck. I think someone has a small gas grill, Blondie?? Phil??
There ya go folks, consider youself informed.
Thank you Taki!

--If the lady wants garb I'm ok with it.
Last edited by Lambic on Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Ok boys, there is where I pipe in that I have the cooler if you want me to haul that up there with all my other stuff. It has wheels and can hold much cold beverage.

Plan on me being there around 1ish for come one guys let me sleep in a little bit down here before the 3hr drive.

As for the shots for people to laugh at...ummm not going to be held accountable for where my shortswords may go. Also will be brining up a longsword if someone wants to use it.

Btw can we practice in full garb please??? I need to get occustomed to my new pants, hat, and boots.

:P

And yes baked goods well in hand for I know what I am making now.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Darion_Lighttouch
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Darion_Lighttouch »

I know I am all about it! Sweet. And Taki this is why you get put in charge so much... you got the organizational skills we all lack! But we still love ya!

As for necessities, consider them gotten.

and as for Garb, Kidwyyn, dress as you will, last practice was garb for some and no garb for others, like me who is still working on getting his(grin)..
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

I will wear my garb if you bring the shirt Julie and if Ryan want to pack the rest of my crap....and if I can go. :(
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

I will have the shirt if you can make it.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Curufin
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Saturday get-together in Muskegon

Post by Curufin »

Donovan Thynedar wrote: -NOTE: These activities are by no means limited to the bird folk. If anyone else is willing to overcome certain geographic barriers, they would certainly be welcome to attend. Sleeping arrangements may be limited to floorspace, but can be made.-
Word up, man! I know it's last minute....but it should be a great time. Any and all should consider coming over if you can....even if it's only for Saturday. Boobs, Beer, Beach, B-Dubs, Boam Combat, Brilling, Bice cream, Buper Nintendo and Bot Dogs....you can't beat that.

The more the merrier. Vince, you better get your ass down here.

Please Email or PM me for directions or MapQuest it:
865 Post rd.
Muskegon, MI. 49441

Ryan
Lost my train of thought.....
Darion_Lighttouch
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Darion_Lighttouch »

I Becond that Curufin!! Come join the fun!
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

Buck yeah man.The more the merrier is right. :wink:
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Curufin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Curufin »

I forgot a very important 'B'...Bonfire. That will be a must.
Lost my train of thought.....
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

I hate having to work on saturdays :(