ATTN West-siders, have question, Summer get together

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

Samantha
Town Member
Town Member

ATTN West-siders, have question, Summer get together

Post by Samantha »

Too much to put in subject line! Suffering from effort of attempt at brevity!

Here's the dealio: Trevor and Selena will again be making the sojourn from Cheese Land sometime this summer to hang out. We thought it would be extra keen to have a gathering on Lk. Michigan somewhere and do the whole BBQ/bonfire bit. We can eat, drink, be merry, people can bring weapons and spar and/or various other water-powered weaponry.

Here's the question for you Westerners: I'm curious if any of you know of a particular park in your area that would be open after sunset, would be OK for a small beach bonfire (alcohol as long as no one gets stupid), not charge any exhorbant fees, allow well-behaved pets for our dog-owning compatriots (on the sly, perhaps) and where we could all meet for general shenanigans.

I don't really have a definate time frame just yet, so this is really still kinda out there as far as definite plans, but I wanted to start fishing for ideas.

Thank you, that is all!

Toodles,
Sam
"It ain't no mystery,
if it's politics or history.
The thing you gotta know is,
Everything is showbiz!"
JonathanBreygan
New in Town
New in Town

Post by JonathanBreygan »

I actually a fairly decent spot. It's Captain Jack's at Pere Marquette Park just down the road from the ferry crossing. I worked there this past summer and it's pretty cool. Free parking/entrance there is a bonfire pit and I always see animals around there. It's also right next to the pier. Let me know what you think.
Jonathan Breygan, Undead Slayer

If men had wings and bore black feathers,
few would be clever enough to be crows ~Beachler
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

How about on the other side of the State at Harbor Beach?
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Samantha
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Samantha »

Thought of that and, if I can get the time off work, I might be game, but I don't know about everyone else in the FH/WH/CARPS world.

I guess it depends on what other folks think.

Then, there is always the Rocky Beach vs. Sandy Beach steel cage match that could decide it all. FIGHT!
"It ain't no mystery,
if it's politics or history.
The thing you gotta know is,
Everything is showbiz!"