Edam Invitation

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Edam Invitation

Post by Tonia Glowski »

Well all --

It was great to come to Final Haven and finally get to PC for a bit, as we don't PC with our own game. We will most certainly be back and we encourage events during the winter... we'd come!

Anyways, as Eric Reid was kind enough to pay for our event (since we're poor from investing in our own game), we'd like to extend the same courtesy to you all:

Any Final Haven player that would like to come out and try an Edam event can do so for free. And Eric, since you paid for three of us... your first three events are free, if you'd like to come on out and try Edam. We really enjoyed playing with you all and look forward to gaming together again.

Our next events are:

Saturday, October 25th
11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Stony Creek
Ridgewood Picnic Area
One Day Event
$10 (Normally, but waived for your first event)

Friday, November 21st to
Sunday, November 23rd
Game on at 9 p.m. Friday
Game off at 12 noon Sunday
Bald Mountain Recreation Area
Rustic Frontier Cabins
Weekend Event
$20 (Normally, but waived for your first event)

You can find out more about our system, by visiting our site at World of Edam or by contacting me at director@bigkidhobby.com or via AIM at TrixieDoll324.

We look forward to seeing you there or at the next FH event!
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Both of those dates coincide with CARPS dates but I will try and get a few people to come out to the November event. I am really impressed with what I've seen of Edam so far and am definitely interested in trying it out. Can't do the October event because CARPS does a Haunted Forest with Brighton Rec and they always need all the help they can use at those so Nov it'll have to be.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

I wil make one of them, but need to check which one it ill be,

-Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

So how did the event go!
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

I'm reading up on your site, and getting quite interested in this. A Kabold sounds fun to play! I'm working on the character survey now. Can't go on a CARPS date, but hopefully soon! :D
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Last Edam Event

Post by Tonia Glowski »

Last event went very well and there was some great plot released. I was, however, bummed by the smaller turnout than expected... but it had been raining all night/morning long and we had several last minute cancellations (for various reasons), so I kind of anticipated it would be a fly by the seat of our pants kind of thing. Even Marv (Vug) had to go to some stupid birthday party with his wife, rather than play! It ended up being 3 PCs and 2 NPCs, hehe... but frankly, I'm the type to run an entire event for only one player -- not that I've had to do that. :lol:

Anyhow, we attempted to mix a balanced amount of roleplaying opportunities with challenging fights with plot hooks with items released into game. There were Draahl to fight and merchants to barter with and Seerks to tell fortunes and riddles to be answered, as well as a very bad (but oh so good) position that the players found themselves in at one point. Of course, I think balance is always every GMs biggest challenge and we've still got some kinks to work out in our rules.

As for plot, I'm excited because there are some huge things going on with the inner dynamics of the kingdom and the duchy that the game takes place in. Actually thinking about writing a (series of) book(s) based in Edam as I'm simply happiest sharing those stories in whatever sort of format. We're also finding the religious aspect of the game to be a huge plus to the game, its mechanics and creating roleplaying opportunities in and of themselves.

It's difficult to answer how the event went from a GMs perspective, I think. But from all (three) accounts, they'll definitely be back next time, hehe.
Tonia Brown
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

Well all...

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I recently got a second part-time job and a promotion at my other full time job. This is great for our family and I'm thoroughly enjoying both new jobs.

The bad news is that I have to reluctantly announce the cancelation of our next event. Both jobs are demanding an extraordinary amount of time, especially through January, and I will not be able to hold any weekend events until at least then.

And now ending back on a good note... if any of my Producers or Marshals want to run a one-day event or even a mod day, they're welcome to. Just post up a request on our message board and we'll see what we can do.

Until then, next year's calendar of events should be announced in the coming month or two.
Tonia Brown
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Good to hear of your success. I'm looking forward to playing, so as soon as you get an updated list let us know. Just try to avoid CARPs and/or Final Haven Dates *wink, wink* I know its tough, you should see the list of dates we compiled this year to Avoid that type of thing.
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

We're considering our schedule currently... we invite you to give some input:

http://www.bigkidhobby.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi

Cheers!
Last edited by Tonia Glowski on Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tonia Brown
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Link no work :(

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

Try now. :)
Tonia Brown