MI Ren Fest

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Here are the details....

Looks like this is the plan. It could change, but go with what I'm about to type for now.

Party: Will be held Saturday evening (Aug. 28th) BYOB. Let's say it all starts at 7pm. Depending on the turn out I might just cook up some dinner. It is BYOB, but food stuff will be posted later.

Sunday: Ren Fest. Not certain when we can roll out. For those traveling from great distances. I can fit 4 in my car plus me, so I'll be one of the vehicles heading out.

Just need to know who all is coming to the party and then who all wants to meet up at the gates of Holly. I am willing to pick up tickets for all for that Sunday and then you can just pay me the discounted price of $12.95 at the door.

To mapquest how to get to my place.

195 Leslie Ln Apt. 249
Waterford, MI 48328

-Julie
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

:( I think my band is playing a party that night. Maybe I can make it out for Sunday though.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Faerykin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Faerykin »

I know I'll be out of town that weekend - so count me (and probabaly Evan) out. :(
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Ok all, it's the happy little Julie once again posting.

I need to know by Wens who all is both coming down for the party and well is going to Ren Fest so I have a few days to get the tickets from work.

PM me guys and let me know for it determins things like what I'm going to serve and all food-wise.

:D
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

I'm back! And while I'm still probably going to the Ren Faire this Sunday (Weather is supposed to be just too awesome to pass up), count me in for next Sunday, too!
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Hey people,

Ok, I honestly need a count on who all needs tickets and all by Wens. If possible I'd like to know who is coming to the party so that there is enough food.

Either post here or PM me by no later then how about Wens to Thurs morning before 12pm.

Thanks,

-Julie
Curufin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Curufin »

I was told that Student IDs can be used to get discount tickets at the door. If this IS the case, most of us can use them. Several of the Muskegies have at least suto-real IDs. Wes does, Bob does, I do, Taki does......
Lost my train of thought.....
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Here is the info for I just went on the site.

Yes, there is a discount for student IDs, BUT it only drops the price to $14.95. I can get the tickets for $12.95 through work.

Ryan also need to know how many of you guys are coming down on Saturday.

http://www.michrenfest.com/tickets.htm
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

Count us out, we will be out of state this weekend.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Hoo-boy. Those who think Holly's too commercialized are going to be PISSED when they see the new changes.

There's good news and bad news. I'll start with the good. A lot of the buildings have been thoroughly reworked. The overall appearance of the facades is much, much better. Stages and other buildings have been repainted. More structures have been added, and more path-paving has been laid down. The entire park is looking absolutely incredible.

There’re more shows than ever before. It seems every stage, from the largest to the smallest, is continuously occupied. What’s more, games and other performances are often occurring in the open spaces. There’s a ton of stuff happening at all times.

Now the bad. It’s an amusement park now – strictly controlled and regulated for catering to the public. There are no more jousts. The main show is completely choreographed – to the point where they use pre-broken lances. You can easily tell which lances are supposed to break and which ones are.

The first pass is done with standard lances – and the glancing blows they strike on each other are truly pathetic – clearly designed to slide off their opponent rather and strike solid. When one of the riders is supposed to win, he picks up a very thick, wrapped lance that bends at the point where it’s pre-broken. The lists don’t even have safety nets anymore, as these stunt lances will never send pieces flying.

There’s no chance or variety in the jousts any more – events and dialog are identical from show to show.

The nerfed jousts are the biggest disappointment, but everywhere are little things that may frequently annoy you. Beverages no longer come in King or Queen sizes, but large and small. Ded Bob’s show is shorter, he doesn’t give free T-Shirts to the zombies anymore, and he seems solely focused on making money. The new trampoline ‘ride’ isn’t even close to looking in-period.

That said, I still had a great time! :)
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Who all from Muskegon is talking about going next weekend?
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Ok due to everyone's busy schedules I'm going to ka-put the party. If people want to hang out that night, that would be cool and you all can either PM me or call and we can set something up.

As for Sunday, would still like to get a group together to go, but need to know who all would meet up. I'm going to have to bail around 5ish for I have paintball practice that night, but would like to head out. Except for this Sunday the only other shot I have at going if people want to set it up would be Sunday Sept. 19th.

Anyway, that's about all.

-Julie
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

I haven't followed this thread because I generally stop reading after about 3 pages. :)

If any peeps are planning on coming out for the Renaissance Festival to go for either Friday or Saturday (this weekend or any other weekend), we'll be happy to put you up. We can accommodate about 2 - 3 people easy with couches and air mattresses.

Just PM or call us if you need a place to crash.

Tonia & Brian
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

I pesonally sleep two or three depending in who they are!
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

I would laugh at that if I thought it were just a joke. Having slept four myself once, I know he's not kidding.
:lol:
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.