MI Ren Fest

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

*Tries really hard to ignore the two previous posts*

Ok, I'm like 90% sure I'm coming with at least one of my children, I'm waiting for my wife to decide if she and my other child are going or not.

I think august is talking about going if I do and I'm tryingto talk another friend, possibly newbie :), into coming as well.

Past that I don't know, since my wife can't make up her mind I will take the hit and pay for the more expensive tickets, plus I couldn't post this days ago because I fried my computer and router this week.

I can't get anyone around here to commit to shit :( !! Sorry, that is the way they are, and their lives are.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Taki for you I'd be naught but a twin bed... :twisted:
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

True enough. I might be a Twin XL or maybe even a full size for you, though...

Perhaps we should stop thinking about this... :crazyeyes:
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

You may be right. I guess the part of my asshole brain that loves to torture the sensabilities of other adaults with such mental images was getting cabin feever....seems similar tactics ar ineffective 18 month old toddlers who have yet to learn those pesky verbal communication skills. Must have been looking for another outlet. Maybee I'll go burn bugs with a magnifying glass....
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-August »

[rolls eyes at previous post]

anyhoo...
The ren fest was great!!!

For all who missed it, you really did miss out. It was a blast!

Of course i didn't know i was going until 20 minutes before we left. And i was sleeping soundly... and i had gotten very little sleep... and talked the entire trip there... (3hrs) and then walked a bunch... then talked some more... PLAYED LEGOS!!!... found a flute... went out for food... drove home... (3.5 hrs @ 2 AM) and finally got home to get 2.5 hrs sleep before work this morning where my boss told me i'd have to drive to detroit at noon, so i wouldn't get back until 8ish (enough time to do the work in detroit)... and i'd have to come back, so i couldn't just crash over there...

i'm tired... ...sleeeep...

( but GOOD ren fest... i'm so happy! )

p.s. i have to take a company truck... its a stick shift... i dont drive stick shift... boss says, "well you'll learn on the drive over"

*cries softly in corner* :cry:
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*wonders how the stick-shifting went*
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Tossing in my agreement with August that a good time was had by all I think. Also agreeing with Dallid that the jousting was really fake, but still fun to watch.

I hope next time more can join in.
GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-August »

Stick shifting went fine, but i didn't go until tues, and again today (wed)

i'm at a company waiting for them to retrieve a part for me, and they sat me at a computer and said have fun until we get your part... i love this, getting paid to be across state playing on the internet!!! finally a perk...

well, i'll try to stay on topic, with the ren fair!! woohoo!! great great time, but regardless, i picked up a flute... technically a fife i guess...

i've played before, but this is the type you play on the side, not facing forward (whistle)... if anyone knows where i could pick up a video or a book on this type of flute, lemme know... i dont have the specific flutes web page, so when i get home, i'll post it, if anyone wants to help out :wink:
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Go to a music store that deals in mostly band instruments not electric instruments. Make sure that you get the book for your pitch instrument. Mostly the fife will have the same fingerings as a straight flute\ whistle\recorder of the same key, the main difference being the omnature(sp?).
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~