Saline Celtic Fest and Silver Leaf

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

Samantha
Town Member
Town Member

Saline Celtic Fest and Silver Leaf

Post by Samantha »

I know July is a ways off, but now that I have a real job again that requires my Saturdays (and a very small team of co-workers) I need to put in for time off WAY ahead of the game.

Soooo, I can't go to the July event, BUT the Celtic Festival is going on in Saline that weekend and if anyone else is left behind, I'll be hanging out there on that Sat. afternoon. Eileen Ivers is playing a concert, but I can't remember if it's Fri. or Sat. night and I'd love to go hear that. Can't imagine her being in little ole Saline.

Also, when are folks thinking of going to Silver Leaf? I last went a couple of years ago (pre-Kansas) and I know it's just growing and growing so I'd love to pop in again. I'm happy to put bodies in my vehicle for a small pitch in for gas if folks want to carpool from this side of the world.

Hope no one got frostbite too badly at the one day! Y'all are hard core!

Toodles!
Sam
"It ain't no mystery,
if it's politics or history.
The thing you gotta know is,
Everything is showbiz!"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

Silverleaf if I'm around I'd like to go to that.

With the event in July...I plan on going if I'm around
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

Always try to hit Silverleaf every year. :D
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Hitting

Post by Torakhan »

Slisk wrote:Always try to hit Silverleaf every year. :D
*SMACK!* Hah! Critical hit!
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Durgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Durgan »

I've been going to SL at least once or twice a year for about 8 years. Used to be with my parents, but right now my girlfriend's dad is a vendor (he sells staffs and other woodworked things he makes).
Samantha
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Samantha »

Doh! I guess many of you will most likely do an event/SL crossover as has been done in the past. That being said, I'm up for any other weekend. I just can't make the event that weekend in July. The dates for this year aren't even out yet (that I can find) so we'll see. Like I said, I know it's early, but you guys know what a nerd I am about planning ahead! Just wanted to throw it out there!

Toodles,
Sam
"It ain't no mystery,
if it's politics or history.
The thing you gotta know is,
Everything is showbiz!"
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

I'm looking forward to Silverleaf this year. I didn't get a chance to go last year, and so now that I'm so close, it's going to be a regular thing for me.

That said, I can likely offer crash space for a couple of folks who want to do the Saturday/Sunday combo. I'm only 25 miles from the faire, so it's not a bad run from here.
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
JonathanBreygan
New in Town
New in Town

Post by JonathanBreygan »

In case any of you were interested Steve Conrad (SLRF General Manager) stepped down this fall/winter and Russ Gruber(?) took over as his replacement. I've been doing faires since 2001 and watched as SLRF went downhill a little with Russ as the new GM It should pick back up. If you would like to check out some other faires look into Mayfaire (May 17, 18, 24, 25, & 26) in marshal and Derbyshire (June 21, 21, 28, & 29)(?) in Muskegon. Both of these fairs are a little smaller than SLRF but they are excellent events. Also Val-day is This weekend Feb. 9th, at the Kalamazoo County Fairgrounds from 9 am-10 pm.Though you might like to know