Shameless Self Plug & More

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Shameless Self Plug & More

Post by Peace420 »

The Peace Thing MI is throwing a benefit party for Lets Help Out, Detroit! ALL the cool people are going to be there, and so should you! Lets Help Out, Detroit! is a local non-profit organization with a finger on the pulse of Detroit: ready, willing, and able to make a difference. Their goal is to make people aware that their support can make a difference, so look around and see how YOU can make a difference in our community!

Lets Help Out, Detroit!s current list of projects include
The Carstens Library Project: On August 12 Lets Help Out, Detroit!, with all its volunteers, will be going into Carstens to give it a makeover but we need your help. We need books to be donated. If you have any books elementary school age appropriate, please contact Bonnie Roberts at letshelpoutdetroit@yahoo.com

Back To School: Lets Help Out, Detroit! has promised the Salvation Army Shelter that they would help the kids when it came time to go back to school and we need all of your help. Below is the wish list that the Salvation Army has passed on to us. Our hope is that everyone will consider picking up a few items, whatever they may be : ) The list: Three ring binders, Notebooks, filler paper (wide lines), folders, #2 pencils with erasers, small pencil sharpeners, crayons - 24 count, colored pencil sets, washable markers, ink pens - any color, high lighters, glue sticks, elmer’s washable school glue, paper back dictionaries – kids from jr. high up are required to have these, paper back thesaurus – kids from jr. high up are required to have these, construction paper - all colors – all sizes – including poster board, combination locks, calculators, rulers, scissors – both regular and non-pointed, pencil boxes, back packs.

Boxtops 4 Education: We are asking everyone to do something that is so easy. When you have a product that has the Box Tops for Education logo, cut them out and save them for us. Whenever you have some, send them on to us and we will be taking the collection to Priest Elementary School. The list of items can be found at http://Boxtops4education.com and includes most Post Cereals, various Betty Crocker and Pilsbury items, Nature Valley, Cascadian Farms, Cottonelle, Kleenex and Hefty.

Our address is: P.O. Box 99262, Troy, MI 48099.
Thank you!!!

You have an opportunity to drop off any of these things or to talk to Bonnie about volunteering for any current or future projects and share good times and good music. So head on down to The New Place Lounge on August 25th and support your local community! You can start helping out right now, on Myspace just click reply and copy all the text between the left parentheses followed by a photobucket link to the personal part and repost as a bulletin of your own.

Personal Part
I'm in one of the bands that will be playing that night, Northern Lighting. Should be a really good time. Cheap cover, pool, cheap drafts, video games for those that need their fix, and just a rockin' good time. See you there! As always, I have tons of crash space at the crib, bring pillows and blankets and inflatable mattresses\mats and I'll make sure theres a place for you to crash out. Yes I'm talking to you Muskegonites, Grand Haven\Rapidsers and Lansing areaers ;-)
[/url]
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Im in...
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"