Craic Wisely - New Year's Eve party @ The Black Rose

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

Are you interested in attending a New Year's Party w/ Craic Wisely @ The Black Rose?

Yes, please!
72%
No thanks.
28%

Total votes: 18
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Craic Wisely - New Year's Eve party @ The Black Rose

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

This New Year’s Eve Craic Wisely is playing at The Black Rose in Grand Rapids. I’ve been in contact with their General Manager, and we’re working on setting up a group special for our little troop.

Apparently the owner is still deciding exactly what sort of package they’ll be offering that night, but thanks to a phone call or two we’ve got first dibs and the very good possibility of a group discount. They are supposed to make a decision sometime this weekend and get back with me with the info. I’ll provide the details as soon as I have them, but I know an approximate head count would help my wheeling and dealing. Just to give people an idea, the package will likely be something like this: admission, appetizers, dinner, dessert, and champagne at midnight for something like $40.00~$45.00.

So, who would be interested in a New Year’s Eve Party at The Black Rose with Craic Wisely?
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Indira Al'Estrella
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Indira Al'Estrella »

If anyone has a place in GR for us to crash at, all the better. Getting a hotel everytime is getting expensive. Plus, I doubt I can get a good rate for that night.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Oh, and since most bars are open till 4:00am on New Year's Eve, Weso had mentioned possibly getting a hotel room nearby. Just another thing for folks to consider. Mayhaps a group rate could be negotiated there as well.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Ha! You must have beaten my post by like two seconds, Katie!

If people don't want to do a group hotel thing, I'm sure other crash-options can be explored.
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

I am going to start calling around ASAP to see if I can find a discount and how many rooms would be needed.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

I like the idea of the hotel, but I wouldn't be able to commit myself to that idea as of yet. I'd love to do the Black Rose, but I'll have my daughter but perhaps arrangements can be made with this much advance planning.

Do you suppose they'd offer some non-alcholic stuff like the sparkling white grape juice?
JOAT25
Town Member
Town Member

Post by JOAT25 »

I'll be there, come hell or high water.
Ingram Folles - Scholar
"Integrity comes when character is tested; keep true and never be ashamed of doing what is right."
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself made the villain."
"I can't leave you alone for five minutes."
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

I'm in!

Post by Torakhan »

I'll be there! Count me in!
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

rooms

Post by cole45 »

I can get a room or two at

Holiday inn express
1. GRAND RAPIDS-NORTH
358 RIVER RIDGE DR. NW
GRAND RAPIDS, MI 49544
UNITED STATES

if someone wanted. Also, I can be a DD should the need arise.
Travis Cole
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Provided the rates are reasonable, I'd like to claim one of those rooms.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

is this a fo sure? or is still a maybe on the black rose's part?
Travis Cole
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Craic Wisely - New Year's Eve party @ The Black Rose

Post by Torakhan »

Donovan Thynedar wrote:This New Year’s Eve Craic Wisely is playing at The Black Rose in Grand Rapids. ...Just to give people an idea, the package will likely be something like this: admission, appetizers, dinner, dessert, and champagne at midnight for something like $40.00~$45.00.
May I suggest the big picnic table and that area? You can at least still hear each other talk, has lots of room to move folks around, and you don't get drinks spilled on you from folks dancing on the dancefloor. Folks who still want to go to the dancefloor can still wander over, but that's just my suggestion.

Also (though it seems silly to mention) they serve non-alcoholic drinks too (I, for one, suck down Diet Coke all night), so if you don't want Champagne, there's always other drinks too (maybe even Sprite if you want something sparkly?)
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Travis: Craic Wisely is booked for New Year's Eve, the only thing I'm waiting on is what sort of package the Rose is going to be offering and what kind of deal I can get for our troops.

Art: If we have as many as I think we're going to have, that may be the best place for us. The manager hinted that things might not be arranged in their usual configuration, so I'll see what's up when he gets a hold of me.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I got two rooms. About 5.7 miles from the back rose. Both are nonsmoking with two queen beds.
Travis Cole
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Sweeet
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,