Next Year Poll

Blah, blah, blah.

Moderator: Admin

I think Haven characters should:

Transfer over to the new setting with all levels and equipment but with a full rewrite to anyone who desires it
67%
Transfer over to the new setting, but all existing characters are reset to Level 1. All coin and tags are turned in and removed from game. The setting starts fresh. All existing characters will retain all memories and experiences
33%

Total votes: 21
GM-Mike
GM

Next Year Poll

Post by GM-Mike »

As many of you know by now, starting next year, Final Haven and Winter Haven will be merging into one chapter (note that this will likely impact event dates--sorry as I know getting those dates up early met with a lot of positive feedback). A lot of factors weighed into this decision and in the end seemed like the best option for the health of the game. The setting for the game will be completely different than the one currently being played at either chapter with the explanation for the change being given at the last Final Haven event of the year coming up at the end of next week. To that end, we wanted your opinion moving forward so please answer the poll question. Thanks!
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Next Year Poll

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

Option 2 would result in my not returning to a Haven event.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Then vote for option 1, silly.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Brian is trying to sway the people with a bribe. ;)
GM-Sidney
New in Town
New in Town

Post by GM-Sidney »

Does this apply to only characters created at a Haven event, or for characters created in Sanctuary as well?
It's Sidney (Rusty).
NPC Christen
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NPC Christen »

In order to truly have a fresh start... to embrace the new and leave the past behind, OPTION 1. Then people don't have to feel like they are losing everything, as they get a full rewrite, but we can truly enjoy making new stories without the shadows and struggles of the past possibly bringing the fun new setting down.

HAIL to the NEW, I say!!!!
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

scylus - I can answer part of your question right now - If Option 1 is taken, this will effect all characters in the Haven system and this includes Sanctuary, as nothing will really change except for the option for a re-write.

As for Option 2 - we are currently discussing what this would mean for Sanctuary and its characters. Please keep an eye out here for more information.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

If things were "reset to level 1" what would stop people from spending reward points, NPC levels, and membership perks to gain additional levels right out of the gate?
Vivac
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Vivac »

I definitely vote option 1. To lose all the levels and things I have worked for for the past 4 years would be super lame. I am all for the option of transferring your character or having a full rewrite.
GM-Sidney
New in Town
New in Town

Post by GM-Sidney »

Losing levels would be tough for sure. I just starting larping, and have purchased levels at each event I have played at with no idea there was a risk of losing them to anything outside of my character dying.
It's Sidney (Rusty).
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

It should be noted in Mike's original post as well - I will see if he can edit it.

That the Economic and Military systems of the Haven system will be changing for next year. Regardless of the option chosen all current Holdings will be gone.

The new system will be a Skill based system, meaning that you must possess a skill (Probably Bureacrat or Diplomat 3) to own a Holding. The same will go for Military, you will need to have a skill to own any Military units.

The exact details of the changes are still being worked out, and will be supplied to the players in as timely a fashion as possible. Also if you are a current Holding owner, and go into the new setting buying the skill to own a Holding, please contact me, or GM-Nick. Thanks you.

I know there will be a lot of questions, but this is all the information that is available at this time.

If you have any questions, please start a new thread so I may try to answer what I can.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Option 2 would result in my not returning to a Haven event.
Man, if that doesn't sway people to choose option 2, I guess nothing will!
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

I will say this...

A new setting has already been attempted. Somewhat recently I might add.

A third option of forced retirement would be great as well. This minimizes the drama of old (If that is really a concern) and allows you to balance out things a bit better, especially in the magic item department. Those who had things that were cool will still have cool stuff, maybe not as broken, but the edge is they get still helpful. Even better, it can be something perfect for your character. Something neat. We can even create different "retirement packages"

Level 1-5 - 2 Levels, 2 Gold, 3 Potions.
Level 6-10 - 4 Levels, 4 Gold, 6 Potions, Crafted Item of your Choice
Level 11-20 - 6 Levels, 6 Gold, 8 Potions, Minor Magic Item
Level 21-30 - 8 Levels, 6 Gold, 10 Potions, Crafted Item and Minor Magic Item
Level 31-50 - 10 Levels, 8 Gold, 10 Potions, Crafted Item and Medium Magic Item.
Level 51+ - 12 Levels, 10 Gold, 10 Potions, 2 Crafted Items and Major Magic Item

This helps make the transition easier.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

I feel like there are good and bad points to both options.

I like the idea of people starting new characters, as it really is needed yet currently discouraged within the system. both options grant this, but option one has the classic, "or do whatever you want keep your character and stuff" that really does not sell the idea of "new". I also feel players SHOULD start new characters, half way was done before with the jump to the wildlands and it FAILED, it wicked FAILED, like epic amounts of FAIL. that needs to NEVER happen again.

I also feel that all magic items really need to come out of the game if once again we are going with a new thing, they break the game and really should probably just not exist, all efforts to curb there power have failed.

at this point I think money should just go away and go back to resources, money is expensive, easy to loose, and we are long past the point if needing a large influx of coin AND resources because we have no forced survival and no basic upkeep anymore. too much is going in/

and player levels should be curbed in some way, we have mostly just super high level characters at this point because the game punished low levels and had no GOOD retirement system so everyone sits on the same character for years on end, doing nothing but amassing wealth and power.

my vote would be. . .
full rewrite at half current levels for everyone, make a NEW character.
keep half of all wealth (money and resources)
potions can die in a fire but good luck doing anything with them, keep em, loose em, it wont matter.
loose all magic, exotic, and base items, but get the standard starting points to spend on equipment / resources /etc.

as a high level player that has a 3 inch stack of resources, lots of money, and over a dozen magic items including resist sleep and resist magic items. I would support this.

it would make the game fun again, it would be nice to have a new fresh start.

I would support option 2 more if it were not existing characters, NEW.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

Aidan_Mcpryde

Then vote for option 1, silly

I cant, because I would lose all the hawt GM lovins mike promised me in a PM....
Zeira

Brian is trying to sway the people with a bribe. ;)
Bribing them to pick option two maybe....except for the few making plans to kill Kaylan...

GM-Mike
Option 2 would result in my not returning to a Haven event

Man, if that doesn't sway people to choose option 2, I guess nothing will!

You better shave them legs a wear something pretty to hold up your end of our deal there mister!!
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis