October '16 not a "Meal Plan" plan

Blah, blah, blah.

Moderator: Admin

Soup Options (you get 2 votes)

Poll ended at Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:39 am

Mushroom & Barley (AKA Yucky Mushroom Soup)
No votes
Leek & Potato (but honestly doesn't hold up to simmering in the crockpot for long)
No votes
Butternut Squash
14%
Sweet Potato w/ Curry seasonings
No votes
Chicken & Dumplings
29%
Pumpkin & Sausage
No votes
Disassembled Stuffed Green Pepper
No votes
Chicken & Rice
14%
Chili
14%
Butternut Squash & Black Bean Chilli
29%

Total votes: 7
Zydana
GM

October '16 not a "Meal Plan" plan

Post by Zydana »

I admit, I hate being "stuck" in the kitchen during my events, but yet I enjoy feeding people. If you're not already familiar with how my not a meal plan works, here's the low down. I make food, you donate and eat! Donate what you can, or feel is appropriate for what you take. I accept both in game and out of game currency, which ever you prefer to donate.

As for food, here's the current plan. It's October, so I feel it's cold enough to do soups again. I will make 2 soups in advance (maybe 3). I will set up crockpots with soup in them for Friday evening and Saturday afternoon/evening. For Saturday breakfast time, I will have something simple like sliced melon and/or muffins. I'm trying to avoid making anything on site - I'd rather spend time playing. If I feel overzealous, I may do biscuits and gravy for breakfast... maybe.

I will check the votes on Sunday Night/Monday. The two soups with the most votes I will make (If I make a 3rd soup it will either be my choice, or the 3rd most popular). You have two votes in this poll, and you can change your mind anytime before the poll closes on Sunday.

*** If you decide to use the camp's dishes rather than the disposable dishes I bring, you are responsible for cleaning the dishes you dirty. Also remember that no food is allowed down the kitchen drains. If you fail to abide by this, I will summon a creature of unspeakable methods to do with you what they please. Thank you.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Re: October '16 not a "Meal Plan" plan

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

since its the last of the year, anyone interested in bring dishes for a pot luck selection beyond what Angie is so graciously offering?
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Two things guys.. You have two votes (I'm looking at you person who only voted once) there shouldn't be an odd number of votes.

The other thing - I see a slight predicament. If you subtract my votes, there are 5 different soups with 1 vote. I may need to do a round 2 voting.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Looks like Butternut Squash and Black Bean Chili and Chicken and dumpling Soup have the win!
Belladonna
GM

Post by Belladonna »

Hey pretty lady it's Lisa/Seraphina/my new character Belladonna - I'm not sure if you have a facebook...but I'm in for soup and a potluck style!

I plan to make Apple/Blueberry Crumble (either one casserole size or two...not sure how much to bring). I believe Mira (Courtenay) is also in and plans to make a crockpot breakfast casserole as well!

Hopefully other people join in and are interested ^_^.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Hello!

I don't have the face space. I'm making a pot of each soup. I'll have the chili out on Friday night and I'll probably set out the chicken and dumplings out around 2 on Saturday (of course it's possible plots and whatnots delay this).

I'm bringing my coffee urn (although the camp has them too) and setting out coffee for Saturday morning. I'm slicing up melon for breakfast.. and have plans on making some banana muffins tonight.
Belladonna
GM

Post by Belladonna »

Awww that's sad and makes sense to why I can't find you.

Okay, I think between the three of us breakfast is
covered with your fruits, banana muffins, and Courtenay's breakfast casserole.

My crumble is for dinner with the soups! A dessert!! Unless you think I should just let people eat it whenever or pair with breakfast?

Joseph (Morgause) said he'd try to bring something and Troy said he felt like he should too on Facebook lol but I don't know if that meant he would.

Looks like it's turning into a mini event. Yay!