Weekly Raffle Feb 5th - 11th

Blah, blah, blah.

Moderator: Admin

GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Weekly Raffle Feb 5th - 11th

Post by GM-August »

Welcome to the first Final Haven Weekly Raffle! (Traditionally, its late...)
This weeks questions is...

Who, or what, would your character die for and why?
Morgause
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Weekly Raffle Feb 5th - 11th

Post by Morgause »

MORGAUSE: “What tricky question. I would not risk my life for just anyone or anything. I have endured much hardship and seen too much death to give of my life frivolously. I have not yet seen in a vision how my life will end on this plane of existence, but if I was faced with such a perilous decision, I would sacrifice my life for my people so that they may live free and without persecution in a promised land… ‘New Mistrialla.’ If asked though, would I give my life for a specific person… I cannot say. Only the stars know the answer to that question.” <The Seer glances furtively at the Lightning Rider, Paer’an>
"I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars."

Lady Morgause - The Winter Witch
Daughter of the An'Irri & Oracle of the Weather Tradition
Chamberlain of the Guild of Seekers
Khorvalis
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Khorvalis »

KHORVALIS: “I would gladly give my life to further the cause of the Circle of the Sun. To protect the lives of those who cannot protect themselves and to preserve the land upon which they live. For my comrades of the Redwind, the orphaned children of Brennondale, the flora and fauna which flourish all around me… Life as we know it is a never-ending circle, and I am certain that in my next life, I would still choose to do the same.”
~Khorvalis~
Druid of the Redwind
Hierophant of the Circle of the Sun
Follower of the Light and Keeper of the Sacred Flame

"Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are."
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

If this is a sign of raffle questions to come I like it ^_^

Ark, I imagine his deaths to be incredibly anti-climatic, easily avoided, over something trivial, by foes far weaker then himself. . .but serving a purpose and accepted by him. Like saving a street kid from bandits and giving them a new life, then staying behind waiting for the bandits to show up because he's the only one who knows about the kids new life and letting them kill him so they will never find the kid: he gets stabbed in the back, stands there for a moment, then just falls over smiling and lets himself die.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Nellie Duncan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nellie Duncan »

Nellie blinks, taken off guard by the question posed to her. "Who or what would I die for and why?" She takes her time to think it over. "I'm afraid that's a bit broad of a question, my friend. That list is long, and would have us sitting here for quite some time if I said even a small portion of it, and it still would not encompass future things I would learn of or people I would meet that I would die for. I can only hope that despite my humble workings as a craftsman and my somewhat disdainful quest for knowledge, that my death will be with a hammer in hand and the cause honorable enough to send me to the Halls of my Ancestors."
--Nellie Duncan
Minister of the Interior
Master Sage
Master Craftsman
Mahto Snowbringer
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Mahto Snowbringer »

Mahto looks down for a moment in thought, but the answer comes easily to mind, "My crew, my King, my people, and my captain. A foolhardy question however, one rarely chooses when and what they die for."
Mahto Snowbringer:
Commodore of Haven's Royal Navy
Commandant of Haven's Marine Force
Leader of The Savage Phoenix Tribe and their village of Dar’dakous
Captain of "The Chimera"

“Fortune Favors the Brave."
Zandron
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Zandron »

Zandron takes another swig of ale.

"Soмething вetteг thaи this дерьмо." He slams the goblet down, his brow furrowing. "Hold on, иot sәrious. Only joke!" He waves a hand dismissively to the sky, as if to some observer above.

The elf purses his lips, closes his eyes, and pinches the ridge of his nose for a moment. "Soмething Ї die for..." he mutters.

"Aж!" Zandron snaps his fingers and sits upright, nearly tumbling from his barstool. "The мission, a coмrade, mayьe innoceиt giгl if she is pгettу." He winks, then adds somberly, "Aftёг dying for eacн, I let yoц gцess whicн Блядь мe the щorst."

"Yoц knoщ щhat differёnce їs?" He sips once more, and -- finding his mug empty -- leans against the bar with one elbow. "Мїssioй can't brїиg yoц bacќ."
Cap'n Z
The Redwind
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

I'll reply in a private message.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Gondowon T. Falbor
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gondowon T. Falbor »

Gondowon sighs and rolls his eyes at the question. "At this point," he says chuckling, "I die so bloody often I might as well make my answer 'for a nice ham sandwich.'"

"More sincerely though, there are two things I know of that I would accept a permanent death for. One would be to save my old mentor from his current... unfortunate circumstances. I might as well come out and say it; he's one of the undead. More specifically a lich, and a powerful, highly intelligent one as well. If I had to die to find a way to cure him, I would gladly accept the final embrace of the void."

"The second thing I would die for is a little less... well let me just explain. There is a woman. She doesn't exist in Phanterra, and I can only see her occasionally when I dream, but she is 'the one.' It may sound stupid to throw my life away for an imaginary girl, but if she were ever in danger, I'd give up everything to save her."

Gondowon sighs again and rubs the back of his head. "Then again, neither of those answers change the fact that I will gladly throw myself into peril to save a hero of Haven. I suppose all it means is that if I knew for a fact that I was going to die, those would be the only times I'd die with no regrets."

Gondowon gives a little smile and looks up. "Does that answer suffice?"
"The road an adventurer walks has no destination, yet they reach places no one else can dream of reaching." - Gondowon Tedra Falbor
GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-August »

Congratulations KHORVALIS!
  • the first Winner of the Final Haven Raffle Feb. 5th-11th!
With just over 20 participants, KHORVALIS has won 50 NP!
The next raffle question will be posted tomorrow (or late tonight) so stay sharp!
Khorvalis
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Khorvalis »

"Maraming na maraming salamat po!" :D
~Khorvalis~
Druid of the Redwind
Hierophant of the Circle of the Sun
Follower of the Light and Keeper of the Sacred Flame

"Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are."