Weekly Raffle Feb 19th - 25th

Blah, blah, blah.

Moderator: Admin

GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Weekly Raffle Feb 19th - 25th

Post by GM-August »

Welcome to the Final Haven Weekly Raffle!
This weeks question centers on death and dying... from the other end!

What, or who, was your character’s most memorable kill and how did it affect her?
Morgause
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Weekly Raffle Feb 19th - 25th

Post by Morgause »

MORGAUSE: “Ummm. I am NOT a fighter, but a lover… so this is a difficult question for me to answer. I’ve killed things: monsters and people in the past, but only out of self-preservation. I may appear delicate and gentle at first glance, but hell hath no fury like that of a woman scorned. There is a storm inside of me; thrashing winds and thunderous lightning which I am not afraid of unleashing, should it come to protecting myself or my people. Hmnn… perhaps, if I really must answer your query, I would have to say that slaying those that were my captors many many moons ago would be my most memorable “kill” – although talking about such things seems so barbaric, hardly lady-like. There, I hope that answers your crudest of questions.”
"I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars."

Lady Morgause - The Winter Witch
Daughter of the An'Irri & Oracle of the Weather Tradition
Chamberlain of the Guild of Seekers
Khorvalis
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Khorvalis »

KHORVALIS: “As an erstwhile Fire-walker, I have fallen many a foe. So was the way of my clan which I embraced as a youth. Ah, it seems like eons ago. But that chapter of my life is from long ago; a past that I choose not to revisit often. A life of conquering and trial by fire… It has shaped me into what I have become, yes I must admit this. But I have been reborn. I have seen the light and follow the path of the Sun. Why focus on death and killing when it is nobler to celebrate life in all of its forms? Instead, I now focus on the lives of those who have made a difference in my life and who will make Phanterra a better place for all... A simple smile or an unfathomable sacrifice for the good of others all warrant the blessings of the All-seeing Sun. To dwell on killing and defeating one’s enemies is not the path of which I now trod. But striving for a world of peace, harmony and light… these are the memories and aspirations I hold dear to my old heart. And so long as blood still flows in my veins, I will serve the Light and Life!”
~Khorvalis~
Druid of the Redwind
Hierophant of the Circle of the Sun
Follower of the Light and Keeper of the Sacred Flame

"Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are."
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

"My most memorable kills were those that took place on the night of the burning skulls, I have survived that tragedy and too many others to die anymore, and now spend my eternity trying to prevent anymore."

"this reality we live in is the hard top of a crème brulee, the custard like Ether beneath it is complex, infinite, and where we all go when we die, I venture there often. some, those that most would call bad, just need to be sent there ahead of time so that which is good may flourish in this little game of life. killing is just a chore, like any other, and my practiced hands make for short work."
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Zandron
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Zandron »

Zandron shakes his head and holds up a finger, calling for more ale.

Even with all the drink the tavern had to offer, telling that tale would be too dangerous, too painful, and too costly to his newfound friends.

He frowns as if in thought, but winches and gears begin to turn in his mind, sorting out the best answer to such a question--not too dismissive, nor too specific.

Resolved, he shrugs. "Was long time; they blend together." He grins with a wink, "Like womens, no?"
Cap'n Z
The Redwind
Gondowon T. Falbor
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gondowon T. Falbor »

Gondowon returns a blank look in response to the question asked of him. "My... most memorable... kill?"

He blinks and turns away, putting a hand to his chin. "Have I even killed anything?" he asks himself earnestly.

Finally after a minute or so he turns back with a shrug. "There were some ants... I mean, they were BIG ants... I killed two of those things? Oh, but I suppose the depraved were fairly memorable... Let's go with the ants though, because at least other people cheered for me when I actually managed to kill them."
"The road an adventurer walks has no destination, yet they reach places no one else can dream of reaching." - Gondowon Tedra Falbor
Nellie Duncan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nellie Duncan »

"Well," Nellie sighed as she waved the feather end over the drying ink of a new entry in her journal. "A certain gruff Captain of the Crimson Aegis would probably say differently, especially as he won't let me forget that terrible necromantic dish incident. However, I'd have to say the most memorable incident would be when I helped take down that malicious psychic entity that was down in the tree roots not far from here. Getting the trebuchet up and running so we could clear the path to the tree's roots was a wonderful use of my crafting abilities under fire. Seeing the willingness and courage of my friends and allies to guard my back while I do so is always a humbling experience. And then helping in even a small way by being an annoyance to fragment the entity's focus, so that others could destroy it was a privilege. But mostly it's knowing that we freed so many people from its thrall, that we made such a difference as to reunite countless families - that's what made it memorable."
--Nellie Duncan
Minister of the Interior
Master Sage
Master Craftsman
Juicifer
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Juicifer »

"It was in the Witchwood. I believe it was immediately during the time of what people called the Blood Moon. Our encampment was overrun by demons, or was it lycanthropes? My memory is a blur. But the battle was bloody and the odds seemingly insurmountable. I managed to slay one or two of those horrid monsters. Fighting alongside my love, my uncle, as well as the others heroes of the area... Ah, what a blurry yet savory memory it is!"
GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-August »

Congratulations NELLIE!
  • the Winner of the Final Haven Raffle Feb. 19th-25th!
With exactly 20 participants, NELLIE has won 50 NP!
The next raffle question will be posted later today focuses on justice, so be prepared.