Press Release

Blah, blah, blah.

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

Press Release

Post by GM-Mike »

As we begin our journey into 2015 we look forward to the challenges ahead and how we will face them. LARP is something we are all passionate about. We want to provide our players with the absolute best service.

We decided that by pooling our resources that goal will be easier to accomplish. So we are happy to announce that Final Haven, Winter Haven and Waypoint will be uniting under one banner. What we are calling that banner has yet to be determined but the main thing is we are working together to improve your LARP experience.

The first order of business will be securing liability insurance that covers all of our games. This is important because it protects you. If at a game someone gets injured by an arrow or a gets a broken nose due to an errant sword strike you are covered. If for some reason you had to sue us (Please don’t sue us!) you would actually get what you are owed. Without it you get nothing because we are broke. By pooling together we are able to secure this insurance at an affordable rate.

Secondly we will be working together to promote the hobby. At the end of the day we want more people to experience LARP. This means recruiting at local conventions where we have a receptive audience.
These things needed to happen for all of us. If we continued to operate individually we would have to increase our event fees by at least $5-$10 per event just to cover the insurance. So we worked together to come up with a solution that would minimize the cost to our players and maximize our potential benefit.
Starting at the first full event of the year all players and staff members will be required to be pay for a membership. Players at their first event will not be required to pay for a membership. There will be three membership levels as follows.

Basic Membership – $15 - This is the required membership for all three games and covers you at all of them.

Silver Membership – $30 - Advantages of Basic Membership plus 1 level at Waypoint or 4 levels at FH/WH for a character of your choice.

Gold Membership - $70 – Advantages of Basic Membership plus 1 level at Waypoint AND 4 levels at FH/WH character of your choice. You will also receive one Hero Point for a FH/WH character of your choice and 3 Reward points at Waypoint LARP.

or

Advantages of Basic Membership plus 2 levels at Waypoint for a character of your choice. You will also receive 6 Reward Points at Waypoint LARP.

or

Advantages of Basic Membership plus 8 levels at FH/WH for a character of your choice. You will also receive 1 Hero Point and 500 Reward Points.
Some questions we want to address right off the bat…

Question: How does this change the games we play?

Our games are all still separate. This unification is primarily for business purposes. We have no say on each others rules, staff or operating procedures. In other words there are no differences in actual game play.

Question: How often must membership be paid?

Membership expires 365 days after purchase. There is no penalty for restarting an expired membership. So if the first event is April 1st in 2014 and you pay your membership and it the next event you attend in 2015 is in September, you just need to renew at that event.

Question: Can I upgrade my membership after I have purchased it?

Yes. You just need to pay the difference in price between your current membership level and the level you are upgrading to.

Question: Is there a level above Gold?

Unfortunately not.

Question: Where do I purchase a membership?

You can buy them at the event or you can purchase them on our website.

Question: I only attend very occasionally and do not want to pay a membership to just attend one event a year. Is there an alternative?

Non-members can play but must pay $10 more than the event price. This is due to the way insurance is paid. This additional amount cannot be applied to a future membership fee.

Question: Why do staff and NPC’s need to pay for membership?

We need to insure everyone who participates in the game, including those who facilitate it. Owners must pay as well.
Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions you have about this new transition. We look forward to working towards making 2015 a great year for LARP for all of us.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Press Release

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

What we are calling that banner has yet to be determined
I feel compelled to vehemently demand that its called (DUH DUH DAAAA!)
"The Golden Empire of Glowtopia"

Membership benefit question:

If I buy a Silver membership, and get the 4 levels for FR/WH; can I also cash in 1000 reward for another 4 levels that event?

If I buy a Gold membership, getting 8 levels for FR/WH, 1 Hero Point, and 500 Reward Points; can I also cash in 1000 reward for another 4 levels that event?
In addition, can I use the 500 Reward (when did we stop calling them Nicholson points by the way, I worked three maybe four...minutes on that name ya know...) from the membership AND another 1000, or would the 1000 point spent per event still apply?

Question: Is there a level above Gold?

Unfortunately not

I suggest a level where if the player pays for a gold membership AND all 4 events up front (call it the Mrs. Daisy level) you should personally drive them to events...just sayin.

Question: Why do staff and NPC’s need to pay for membership?

We need to insure everyone who participates in the game, including those who facilitate it.
This I have a SERIOUS issue with. Any person (in this case I will let person mean Mike too) that dedicated a weekend PLUS endure sleep deprivation and ranting petulant LARPers, so that the players can come out and be entertained....should NEVER be charged as well, even if its15 dollars.

I can think of 7 full time GMs/NPCs, that means $105 a year to cover stall. Increasing the memberships by $5 bucks each means after 21 players have paid membership the staff is covered. I cant think of a player that would gripe about this, and if they do they can live with their shame.

Since any player that wishes to NPC would still be covered by their membership...one off NPCs shouldn't be an issue.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Press Release

Post by Abaddon »

I think you should create a fund, or allow the money from higher than basic to pay for npcs.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."