PSA: let your voice be heard by the GM's ^_^

Blah, blah, blah.

Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

PSA: let your voice be heard by the GM's ^_^

Post by Ark »

Another season wrapped up, now we approach the off season. this is the time the GM's look back and reflect and plan for the future, both in the setting and plots of the game, and the mechanics of the system. :)

My opinions on most subjects can be found throughout the boards, one need only go to the rules section and peruse the countless topics I have made in the past on things related to this game. but mine is only one voice compared to the many that play this game. so please PM your local game master and let your opinions of things be known. you can find Mikes here CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know. and the same in my signature. :wink:

the biggest issue I have and one I will be letting the GM's know about is. . .the investment system! (who could have guessed, rogue was a close second. :P)

I still maintain that it is an un fun part of the system that shares similarities with math homework passed out at the end of the event, that is mechanically disconnected with the rest of the game yet literally forced into the game. and that the only reason players interact with it is because it is the sole way to gain massive amounts of in game currency without any in game effort through the aforementioned math homework. its simply a math problem in a RP disguise. :evilbat:

whether you agree or disagree with this (I really don't mind what is not fun for me can be great fun for others, you cannot please everybody. :wink: ) please be sure to send a message to the GM's. not only saying yes you love the system or no you hate it, but (and this is the important part) detailing if you can WHY . what you do or don't like about it, etc.

the other point I would like to bring up is the overall concept of the game. are we a band of adventurers? are we the heroes? is this live action D&D? or is this a live action risk game? are we playing the sims? this is in kind of relation to the fact that you can in theory be in control of hundreds of NPC soldiers and lord over towns of people. I really don't have a problem either way unless there are balance issues, and I think that there are, but I would like to know what exactly I am playing.

mechanics are small fries to me at this point, most know about the various fixes or changes that probably should happen. rogue crit strike being 10 seconds per level, wizard being rebalanced or re worked entirely, potion cheating, etc. but I consider these much smaller then the above. :)

but once again I would just like to clarify. if you disagree with me or not is not the point, im not trying to change anyone's opinion just explaining my own. and nobody has any reason to explain their own to me as it's not me you need to be talking to, its your friendly local game masters. please send them a PM and let them know how you feel about the game, the points I have brought up are just small bits of the game as a whole. let them know how you feel about it, what you like and don't like and why, what you think could be done to fix it, etc.

I promise they listen :wink:

links above in the post and below in my signature, if you send the GM's a message please let me know via pm and I will give you 1 gold next FH i will not be checking up on this thread or replying to it so if you do send the GM's a message please let me know via pm so i can get you the money i will owe, thanks again, Ark out.

Ark/Josh
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.