Meal Plan Aug 2014

Blah, blah, blah.

Moderator: Admin

Zydana
GM

Meal Plan Aug 2014

Post by Zydana »

Here's the deal.. we haven't put a lot of thought into whether or not we're doing this and Brian's post made us go, "oh yeah...."

We will do the meal plan this event IF we can get some assistants. We are asking for someone to do the dishes after breakfast and someone to help clean up the kitchen after breakfast too. Both helpers will be paid 5 silver each or receive one meal for free. Kitchen helpers will need to report to the kitchen between 11:00-11:30 to begin. Assistants will be paid (if coin payment is desired) after clean up is complete. Help is greatly appreciated and unfortunately, we won't be offering the meal plan without it. Please volunteer by Tuesday morning (July 29th) - after which we will be making our final decision on whether or not to proceed in doing this event's meal plan.

With that mess out of the way, I'm taking suggestions on soups to serve again (and maybe other suggestions about the meal plan). Love a soup that's been served and want to see it again? Have an idea for a soup you'd like to see?

What about the breakfast? (we'll try to remember to bring syrup this event >.> )

Thanks everyone!
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Meal Plan Aug 2014

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

see i knew that Brian jerk would end up stirring crap up AGAIN...we should all get together and kill his PC....yeah... :lol:

I will vote for mushroom soup, since its simply awesome!
However I have yet to try any of the ones that were made and not like em.

as for clean up, I cant promise to be up there on my own, since my work schedule has me on an afternoon sleep schedule AND there is that pesky killing stuff until the wee hours, but if one of you is willing to come stab me with a pointy stick ill ooze outta bed and help. If there is coin involved I am sure Robin/ Nell would be interested but she tends to forget reading the forum until the Friday of the event.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

one other note, I have always been a bit surprised the meal plan doesn't have an in game AND OOG cost. When its been done at other LARPS, the real world cash covers real world cost, in game funds covers the work involved. I would be willing to offer both.
Just my 2 copper (which I horde to frustrate Mike)
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Alinar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Alinar »

I can help. Alinar would have no problem making sure such cleaning tasks are 'done properly', as no other race can do anything as good as an Elf. :P Sanitation is vitally important where the kitchen is concerned! Well, okay, sanitation is important everywhere and in all things at all times.
Levi the Bison Lord
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Levi the Bison Lord »

I can do the dishes job!
Levi the Bison Lord:
Ruler of Bison Isle, "Terror" of the Southern Islands, and Merchant of The Redwind

"Buffalo and Bison are NOT da same ting!"
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Ok ...if the elf is doing dishes, I'm selling tickets to the dwarves and supplying popcorn and lawn chairs....just sayin...
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

So, Doug's going to be at this event? Yippee!! I considered leaving negative feedback about the last event complaining about the lack of Doug.
GM-Amanda
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Amanda »

I'll absolutely help too. I'm totally willing to make my broccoli cheese soup (it got devoured at the WH one day...)
You are what you dare.

RESEACRH
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

As long as its made by Amanda, Cirrus would add worms and juicy bugs...because she is :evil:

so with all the volunteered help should I plan supplying on cheesy scrambled egg fixins?
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Yes Brian, bring stuff. (for those of you who want eggs with no cheese, let me know beforehand so I can set some aside)

This weekend we will be having Yucky Mushroom Soup and Butternut Squash Soup (those two are now set in stone)

We will be serving 3 other soups and are currently brainstorming what to serve.

Cream of Potato
Chicken Stew
Chicken and Dumplings
Leek and Potato
Chicken Noodle
Stuffed Green Pepper
Chicken and Wild Rice

The above list contains soups we've considered, but soups we will consider are not limited to that list. Help us plan our other 3 soups. We will go shopping for ingredients tonight, so please weigh in by then.

**disclaimer - all final decisions on soup are made not by me, but by Travis and Paula who finance the meal plan. I just make the soups. :)
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Yes Brian, bring stuff. (for those of you who want eggs with no cheese, let me know beforehand so I can set some aside)
as an add on, if you want other goodies in your scrambled eggs, bring a small dose of that too. I am bringing shrooms and gr sausage for myself.

My vote is for one of these:
Chicken and Dumplings
Chicken and Wild Rice

this:
Stuffed Green Pepper

and something Beef oriented:
Beef stew
Chili

that way your covering many taste preferences.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Remaining 3 soups are...

Chicken and Wild Rice
Stuffed Green Pepper
Leek and Potato

Dani, I super hope you'll bring your jugs again and allow us to use some crock pots.

I'm not sure how drinks this event will go. Paula, I think, is looking into doing something or other.
Alinar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Alinar »

Nothing would put my mind more at ease then to have all the dwarves sitting together in clear view.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Please be aware that butternut squash seems rather difficult to acquire at this time of year and it just might be sweet potatoes instead of butternut squash.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Wait...you mean my attempt to foil the creation of squash soup by buying it all up is for naught, cause now your intention is to make and even more horrific sweet tater soup....INCONCEIVABLE!!!
:mad:

CURSE YOU ABADDON!!!
Sir Kaylan Chargeender