saturday morning mayhem

Blah, blah, blah.

Moderator: Admin

Joe
New in Town
New in Town

saturday morning mayhem

Post by Joe »

so im curious after reading some of the feedback how many of you would like to see more mayhem on saturday mornings? i know the gms were telling me its not something they typically do but being a player at winterhaven i know i enjoy the combat first thing saturday morning. if we get enough support maybe we can get the gms to allow this more often.
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Re: saturday morning mayhem

Post by Fionna »

I don't think the issue is necessarily combat first thing in the morning. It's (what feels like) a l lack of plots until 1 or 2 in the afternoon.
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

my opinion on the subject after discussing this with players and GM's that have played a lot longer then me, is that the Saturday morning combat was always pretty much a wake up call. this is how I kind of piece things together.

Friday night: initial combat and plot hooks relevant to the weekend event
Saturday morning: initial good npc's (usually) start popping up with info and tasks/quests
Saturday day: quests and tasks dealing with plots relevant to the weekend event (this is where the most "work" gets done I would say)
Saturday night: The culminating battle/task/quest as a result of our actions/inactions throughout the event
Saturday late night: winding down and finishing touches such as dealing with complete/incomplete npc tasks/quests usually linked to the culminating event that took place earlier
Sunday: checkout

I personally don't like the Saturday morning wake up call, as its usually just me deciding what is more important, my characters life, or sleep. (the answer is not always so obvious) I am a fan however of the good npc's coming by to chat, even if its just random locals and villagers come to see what we are up to, good way to wake up, good rp, etc.

I am also a big advocate of wandering monsters, however. in my opinion wandering monsters should not necessarily wander into the camp/inn, but should wander between locations such as the roads between the inn and the camp, etc. As this adds to the fear of wandering down the trail and reinforces the relative safety of pc locations/camps (as I personally feel it should be)

I don't really care if things do attack our camps, but I feel it should be the exception and not the rule.

this has all been my opinion so treat it as such ^_^

<3 -Ark

PS: congrats on your first forum post :D
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Joe
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Joe »

thank you Ark. I personally like to know what people like from their npcs so if you ever feel that i am being a dick ooc or swing too hard or charging just say something
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

On that topic of letting people know meta game things (telling them to check their swings, think their using a skill wrong, etc.) there is a really good way to do this without breaking the scene (and this happens a bit) unless of course its PvP then feel free to stop and clarify as your characters life may depend on it.

simply note the problem you encounter and tell the GM or NPC running the scene when you have a moment, they will take care of any problems and it will not break the immersion of a scene. I was really bad at this in my early days of FH because a lot of stuff at that time was not in the rulebook (some disciplines, races, most of alchemy and arcane at the time, etc.) and it causes a lot of confusion, simply wait till the scene is over and talk to the person in charge, they will be happy to clarify or correct.

^_^ -Ark
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.