Blah, blah, blah.

Moderator: Admin

GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

Seeking Costuming/Props

Post by GM-Brad »

Seeking Costuming/Props
We’re looking to expand our NPC costuming and props a little, and before we invest some money, I thought I’d put the call out to you guys. Reward Points would be offered for anything donated or made (and you can PM a GM for details). Mostly we’re looking for anything that’s not size Small (we’ve got tons of too small costuming). Shirts, Pants, Tabards. Some Avyana costuming would be fantastic too (most of the other races we have covered). Props: jewelry (rings, necklaces, etc.), anything circus/carnival-ish, Silly String, fake slime/mucus, fake flowers, and squirrels (preferably purple). You think I’m kidding, but I’m not.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Seeking Costuming/Props

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

FYI, I am currently working with the ex, who now has a LARP costuming biz, to try to get 6 tabbards of black, red, white, yellow, light and dark green, light and dark blue,grey, and purple made by August. Shooting for two of each Taki/Brian(me)/Matt sized and 4 human sized. Efforts to try to get two human sized of most colors by June. will let ya know.
Planning on including wrap pants of several colors, two troll sized and two human sized in each color by august game.
also doing 6 pair of claws and 6 pairs of fists for jume too.

Unless your looking for Noble style shirts, might be best and less costly to have someone grab heavy long sleeve "henley style" shirtsor heavy long sleve t-shirts. in solid colors. They are more cost effective and sturdier in general for NPC use.

Any specific jewelry needs, because most Salvation Army stores have loads of variety at fairly low cost. Anyone grabbing rings should make sure they are adjustable or on the bigger side sice rings can be padded to make em fit smaller players.

anything circus/carnival-ish, Silly String,
fake slime/mucus( look for a local spencers or Toys R Us)

fake flowers(dollar Stores)

squirrels (preferably purple) what kind? hard plastic, realistic stuffed cloth, etc...
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

I will echo the dollar stores. great place for cheap props that you don't mind losing
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Here are some other prop/decor ideas I have seen used elsewheres:

canvas tarps painted like: cave walls/with stone castle wall patters/elemental plane patterns(fire/lava, ice, etc...)/magical or crystal structures.

I will again suggest acrylic gems, since gems make sense to be used as currency for the tech level of the world and they would be found with all the mining thats been going on. hard to find iron or and NOT find gems.
( http://www.finalhavenlarp.com/phpBB2/vi ... =51&t=6022 )
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

I'm off work next Friday for the summer. (Wahoo!!!!!) Anyway that means my time greatly frees up as of then. If one of you gentlemen will send me a list of sewing projects, I'll get started.
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”
GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Brad »

The tabards sounds fantastic, Brian.
For jewelry, really anything (necklaces, rings, gemstones, pendants, crowns, whatever). As for squirrels, lets say stuffed. And, the painted tarps is a very cool idea.
Dani, we’ll send you a list of sewing projects soon! Anything at all would be great!
Nellie Duncan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nellie Duncan »

If I have time, I'll work on some Avyana costuming for you guys. Though I might not get to it with my schedule being crammed together to give me the weekend off for the LARP. And while I can't get them done for this event as they need to be custom fitted, any NPCs that want an Avyana mask, PM me so I know how many pieces of leather to pick up and we can mold them and cut out the eye sockets either before game on or during game break.
--Nellie Duncan
Minister of the Interior
Master Sage
Master Craftsman
Jamie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Jamie »

I have some necklaces, bracelets, a ring, a few tiaras, two masquerade-type masks, a pair of black feather wings, a purple parasol, and two skirts I can donate - I went through my costume collection and pulled out some stuff I don't use anymore (which I've been meaning to do anyway, thanks for the motivation :) ) Sound like things you can use?
For the good of all of us... except the ones who are dead.
GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Brad »

That all sounds fantastic Jamie! Thank you! Robin, we definitely would take an Avyana mask or two!!! Whenever you're able to get around to it. No worries. They sound amazing! I'll PM you with details later this week. Thanks!
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Brad I grew you an actual dragon...how many points for that.

you are on your own for feeding and controling it though....
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Brad »

I've actually already got 12 of those, Brian, so... no points.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

damn you Abbaddon!
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Nellie Duncan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nellie Duncan »

Alright, 2 masks there shall be. Did you need commoner or privileged Avyana costuming? I need to know so I get the right colored feathers. Or if you have preferred color schemes, tell me those instead.
--Nellie Duncan
Minister of the Interior
Master Sage
Master Craftsman
GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Brad »

Ah, those details I promised...2 masks is perfect. How about one commoner, and one privileged. We'll leave the coloring up to you. We can figure out custom fitting stuff at the event. Thanks Robin!
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Have all your desired items been fulfilled? Are there items you still need? Could you provide an updated list? :D