Final Haven changes for 2014

Blah, blah, blah.

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

Re: Final Haven changes for 2014

Post by GM-Mike »

There will be no "someone is already doing that so you can't" kinds of statements going on. Even if people are duplicating efforts in a global sense, they will still go about it in different ways and thus have different outcomes/stories.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Of the people who I have heard from, both publicly on these forums and via private message to myself or gmail, there appears to be a majority of people who are in favor of a five year time jump, so we continue to be planning for that eventuality. We realize, though, that there may be some things that people really wish were tied up prior to that jump. These things would need to be taken care of at the one day and will likely not happen unless we are told, so if there are plot requests, feel free to submit those. As I have no idea how many we might receive, I cannot guarantee that we will get to everything, but we will certainly do our best.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

*points to the chainsaw of radius didmemberment post*

: D
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Alinar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Alinar »

Even novels will often skip significant time spans between chapters. No sense detailing (or RPing) extended periods of time where all is well – no drama, no fight-or-flight. I like the idea of adventurers packing away their weapons and armor – never expecting to lay hands on them again - and adjusting to a time of peace, only to one day have to grudgingly (or excitedly – depending on your character) dust them off again.

Life has been wonderfully dull. Great for the characters, but I wouldn’t want to play it out. Then things get interesting again. Tune your mentality into the characters’ mindsets given such circumstances and you’ll find some fantastic RP.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

The taxes in abaddobville will be reasonable. For valium vi. Except on days that end in y.
Travis Cole
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Wait...Mike isnt abaddobville that place that all the other nations rose up in unision to defeat and sealed it in a reinforced adamantite sphere that was half above and half below the ground and no exit?
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

damnit i think we forgot air holes....
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

The taxes in abaddobville will be reasonable. For valium vi. Except on days that end in y.
Uhh....Freudian slip when trying to write Valken'Vi? Appropriate, nonetheless.
-Evil always prevails when good people do nothing.

-All knight, every night.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

I have quite a large request to my fellow players (and NPCs that wish to)

Between now and next event, 5 years would have taken place. I greatly encourage everyone to use to boards for role player character interactions that would have happened as much as possible. Personally, I have a hard time just forcing any sort of character development that should of taken place over the span of 5 years. So.. please! HELP!!!!
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

There will be a weekly update leading up to the first event.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

That's correct. You can expect an update from me each week to progress the story line, likely on Friday or Saturday. I will post it in the continuing adventures forum with each update having its own post, so if people want to react to any piece of it, they may do so under that post, or they may start new posts if they want to react to different parts of it. I may or may not respond to your posts, depending on time. Hope that helps clarify,

Mike
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

sorta, but I had also hoped for "moments" between PCs to help with character development - you know, making a breaking alliances, who stays to "build" the prospering Haven, who leaves for where for their personal development, etc.

I would assume that has little to do with stuff GMs would post weekly about. That is, unless we are supposed to send that sort of stuff to you. Quite frankly, I have no idea how my character will develop/grow as a person - and I have about a month-ish to figure that out. That's why I'm asking/calling for as much board RP as possible.

And, of course, if you have suggestions, or want to try to interact with me, or whatnot, you can always send a PM :)