Thiseus vlog

Blah, blah, blah.

Moderator: Admin

taymoonlight
Town Member
Town Member

Thiseus vlog

Post by taymoonlight »

Hey everyone, I decided to make a series of videos on larping. Be warned, this is the first time Ive ever done anything like this so the editing is bad and the production is worse so ... yeah. Check it out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX-FFUD ... ata_player

P.s. sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Could someone please move it if it is.
Thiseus Moonlight
Master Healer
"Contra immortuos"
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Thiseus vlog

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Suggestions:
1)Please God, for my sanity if imma keep watching NO MORE MR ROGERS MUSIC!!!
:P
2) I have an actual checklist of things to do/take for a larp. Its a word doc and I check it off as packing every time i go.

3)vlog ideas
Basic costuming (thift store pieces and sewing your own)
simple armore construstion
racial costuming and make up
a list of to do/take for the events
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

This looks like a great project, so kudos to you for talking the leap into the vlogosphere! Don't worry about trying to be professional - what you've got is on par with most of the homemade vlogs out there. You'll learn some tricks and improve as you go along.

I'm with Brian as regards the music. If you want to use any, pick something more upbeat and run small clip of it under a graphic to open and close your entries. Once you start speaking, we'll be listening to you, not a backing track.

If you're interested in helping the games, drop links to the website at the end of your vlogs and in the information section of your Youtube posts.

-Having a video on proper spell packet construction would be good.
-Bring your camera to the next event and do a vlog with the safety marshal on LARP safe weapons. Show on-camera what a proper thrusting tip looks like.
-Building a simple LARP safe weapon and or shield.
-LARP safe bows and arrows.
-A tutorial on FH/WH Armor requirements and how they work in-game.
-A tutorial on LARP safety and combat etiquette
-An explanation of the FH/WH safety calls. (Yes, we do them at the game-on meeting, but new folks can always hear them more than once.)
-How to Check in/out of an event & submit in-between events stuff.

I'd also like to see a video or two talking about character construction. Perhaps one on mechanics and one on fleshing out your character. The old CARPS guide could be helpful in that regard (You are not a dragon. You have never met a dragon, etc.).

That's all I've got for the moment. Happy Vlogging!
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

-Bring your camera to the next event and do a vlog with the safety marshal on LARP safe weapons. Show on-camera what a proper thrusting tip looks like.
wait...FH HAS safety marshalls and USES thrusting tips?!?! :mrgreen:
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
taymoonlight
Town Member
Town Member

Post by taymoonlight »

Ok, so if Im going to make this a regular thing Id actually like to put a little thought behind the production aspect. I want to do little mini series of topics. Maybe 3 or 4 episodes in length and I want to start from the ground up. So here's a basic list in the general order that id like to do them.
1. Character creation
Larp safety (edited in)
A. Character concept
B. Races
3. Paths
4. Disciplines (maybe)
2 garb and weapon basics
A. A basic boffer
B. Hafted weapons
C. Basic garb
D. Armor and shields
E. Bows and arrows
3. Phanterran cosmology and history
A.??
4. Advanced concepts
A. Advanced weapon making
B.?

Just some ideas for now. Id like to get character and staff interviews and such as well. I know at least on the weapons makingI would like some input from brian as ive used your weapons. Anyone else interested in providing input is welcome as well.
Thiseus Moonlight
Master Healer
"Contra immortuos"