Rumor Control

Blah, blah, blah.

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

Rumor Control

Post by GM-Mike »

We talked about this at the game on meeting, but I was advised to post it as well to make sure as many people hear this as possible. It has come to our attention that there is a rampant rumor that goes something like this: Chris et al are working on a new rule set that is nearing completion and that could be implemented as early as this past weekend. It is a rule set that we will force upon the players, that there will be no choice about, and that will ruin/destroy Final Haven once and for all...

As with every good rumor, there's a shred of truth in there. We are working on a new rule set but everything after that is blatantly false. At our current pace, we should have a viable rule set in approximately eight or nine years. We lead busy lives, and it's something that we work on in our spare time, what little of it we have. We work on it because it's a hobby of ours. We enjoy creating games. Some people collect stamps. Others create LARPS. Once it is completed, we would be happy to run with that system...if that's what you guys want. It'll totally be a democracy in that regard. If we absolutely love the new system but everyone wants the old one, then we would hand FH off to someone and start again. More likely, we would just keep running the system that you guys want to play.

And that's all there is to it. We really like the Final Haven system and have no intention of destroying it. We're the kind of people who believe that you can always do something better and we look for what that something may be, but we're perfectly happy with the game as it is.

If there are questions about any of this, please ask someone who knows something, like myself, Chris, Brad, or Jared. If it's coming from someone else, anyone else, and it sounds different than what I just posted, assume it not to be true.

Thanks everyone,

Mike